Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hello everyone

I'm new member and I'd like to talk about punctuality ....yes

punctuality.When I talk someone on the phone or

meet them face to face and told him or them I will wait you at

10:0:0 exactly or sharp OK .But someone late maybe one hour or

more.what I do ? I feel angry and heat him and say why are you came

late !!!!!. I told you at 10 o'clock not 11 !!?!?

I'm very very like punctuality and seriously people .

Now tell me What are you doing when you have the similar station ?

Notic: If I have any mistake please fix it and share with us

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello everyone.

I'm a new member and I'd like to talk about punctuality. [STRIKE]....yes punctuality.[/STRIKE]

When I talk to someone on the phone or meet them face to face, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]told[/STRIKE] I might tell him (or them) "I will wait for you at [STRIKE]10:0:0 exactly or[/STRIKE] ten o'clock sharp, OK?"

But if someone is late, maybe one hour or more, what do I do? I feel angry and [STRIKE]heat[/STRIKE] hit(?) him and say "Why are you [STRIKE]came[/STRIKE] late? [STRIKE]!!!!!.[/STRIKE] I told you [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] 10 o'clock not 11!" [STRIKE]!!?!?[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]I'm[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]very very[/STRIKE] really like punctuality and I like people to take it seriously. [STRIKE]people .[/STRIKE]

Now tell me - What [STRIKE]are you doing[/STRIKE] do you do when you [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] are in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a similar [STRIKE]station[/STRIKE] situation?

[STRIKE]Notic[/STRIKE] Note: If I have made any mistakes, please fix [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] them. a[STRIKE]nd share with us[/STRIKE]

Welcome to the forum. Please see my amendments/corrections above in red.

I really hope that you don't hit people when they arrive late! If I arrange to meet someone at 10 o'clock, I wait until 10.15, then I phone them or send them a text message asking where they are. If I don't get a reply, I leave at 10.30. If they arrive before 10.30, I say "Why are you late, and why didn't you contact me to warn me?"

Note: I have moved this thread to "Ask a Teacher". Whilst it was a question about what a native speaker would say in a particular situation, it also required multiple corrections so it's better placed here where lots of learners will see those corrections, and they can learn something too.

Last edited:

super computer

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia

Welcome to the forum. Please see my amendments/corrections above in red.

I really hope that you don't hit people when they arrive late! If I arrange to meet someone at 10 o'clock, I wait until 10.15, then I phone them or send them a text message asking where they are. If I don't get a reply, I leave at 10.30. If they arrive before 10.30, I say "Why are you late, and why didn't you contact me to warn me?"

Note: I have moved this thread to "Ask a Teacher". Whilst it was a question about what a native speaker would say in a particular situation, it also required multiple corrections so it's better placed here where lots of learners will see those corrections, and they can learn something too.

Wooooow I have many mistakes :shock: that Interesting :-D

First : Thanks a lot to move my thread .
Second : Thanks a lot to fix my mistake ....I really really love it because I wanna to improve or develop my language skill.
Third : I'm not hit them really but sometime I'm serious because when someone came late maybe even sad happen .This situation like job when the employee came late to the job the management will alert him and after that Deduct from his salary :lol:

Finally : I love this forum

All the best for you

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

[STRIKE]Wooooow[/STRIKE] Wow, I have made many mistakes :shock: That's interesting. :-D

First : Thanks a lot [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] for moving my thread.
Second : Thanks a lot [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] fixing my mistakes.
[STRIKE]....[/STRIKE] I really really love it because I [STRIKE]wanna[/STRIKE] want to to improve or develop my language skill.
Third : [STRIKE]I'm not[/STRIKE] I don't actually hit them [STRIKE]really[/STRIKE] but sometimes I'm serious [STRIKE]because[/STRIKE] and sometimes when someone [STRIKE]came[/STRIKE] comes late [STRIKE]maybe[/STRIKE] it can even make me sad. [STRIKE]happen[/STRIKE] This situation is a little like a job when [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] an employee [STRIKE]came[/STRIKE] comes to work late, [STRIKE]to the job[/STRIKE] the management will [STRIKE]alert[/STRIKE] discipline him and after that [STRIKE]Deduct[/STRIKE] make a deduction from his salary. :lol:

Finally : I love this forum

All the best for you.

I hope you will continue to learn from this forum. As you can see, I have made more amendments in red to your post above. You will find fewer corrections if you follow the rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.
- Use full standard English words (ie, don't use "wanna" or "Wooooooooow").

Last edited:

super computer

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
My pleasure

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My pleasure.

That is a rather strange thing to say. "[It's] my pleasure" is one of the standard responses to "Thank you".

Remember to put a full stop at the end of every ​sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.