Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Kannada
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
It was a fine day with tender sunshine around .My cat ‘dorry’ was basking in the sun and that is the best thing anyone would choose to do on a pleasant day like that. Even I went out and sat next to it. Dorry was lying on its back with legs in the air. I sat there for a while looking around.

‘Do do dooo…dudu dorryeeeeee’ I started mimicking and stroking its hair around the neck. It lay still without responding to me. I started to tinkle it with my fingers. ‘Meooooooow’ it growled and gave me an astonished look. Dorry stood upright and looked around and jumped to the ground and glided towards the other stone near by. It climbed up the stone in one leap circled for a position and sat on it.

I looked at it and thought ‘may be only human beings can not enjoy the nature as it is and bask in the sun doing nothing’.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if any mistakes are present in the above very very short story.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It was a fine day with [STRIKE]tender[/STRIKE] pleasant sunshine around .My cat ‘Dorry’ (quotes not necessary but capital letter even for a cat) was basking in the sun and that is the best thing anyone would choose to do on a pleasant day like that. Even I went out and sat next to [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE]him/her (usually one would know the gender of a pet). Dorry was lying on its back with legs in the air. I sat there for a while looking around.

‘Do do dooo…dudu dorryeeeeee’ I started mimicking and stroking [STRIKE]its[/STRIKE]his/her hair around the neck. [STRIKE]It[/STRIKE]He/She lay still without responding to me. I started to ("tinkle" has an entirely different meaning; Google it) tickle it with my fingers. ‘Meooooooow’ it [STRIKE]growled[/STRIKE](one would use "growl" to indicate anger) soundedand gave me an astonished look. Dorry stood upright and looked around and jumped to the ground and glided towards the other stone near by. He/She [STRIKE]climbed up [/STRIKE]jumped/bounded on the stone in one leap, circled for a position and sat on it.

I looked at [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE]him/her and thought ‘maybe not only human beings can [STRIKE]not[/STRIKE] enjoy [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] nature as it is and bask in the sun doing nothing’.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if any mistakes are present in the above very very short story.

A few suggestions, but a nice, short, thoughtful story.

Status
Not open for further replies.