Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello!
I have released the first version of "YourPronunciationLab". It's a software to help you work with the audio files from any language tutor or a training book. "YourPronunciationLab" implements quiet powerful approach: Listen, Repeat and Compare. It's very important for me to know what do you think about this software and what features would you like to see added. If you have any ideas, please feel free to post here or contact me at "contact at yourpronunciationlab.com".
Thank you!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
For me, there are security issues; I don't buy or download from sites that don't have company details and postal addresses. I am afraid that this stops me from using it, so I would start by recommending including these details as I am sure this would deter others too.

PaulGreen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Russian Federation
For me, there are security issues; I don't buy or download from sites that don't have company details and postal addresses. I am afraid that this stops me from using it, so I would start by recommending including these details as I am sure this would deter others too.

Thank you for your advice. I think I will add "About" page.

PaulGreen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Russian Federation
Thank you for your answer.

Looks clean
Of course, I'm developing pronunciation software to learn foreign languages or improve english accent, for instance, but NOT viruses. :-D
By the way, I always use services like VirusTotal to scan products from my sites.
I don't want to have any problem with viruses embedded within my setup files.

I don't see why anybody would pay for an app like this.
Because I don't show banners and don't distribute adware.:)

Anyway I want to find out what are the most wanted features to be added to the app.
What about for ability to create audio flashcards?
For example, we select some chunk from audio file (train speaking if it's needed) then we click "Create flashcard" button and make flashcard.
After that we can use created flashcards on PC with YourPronunciationLab or generate an audio file in order to use an mp3 player.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Thank you for your advice. I think I will add "About" page.

Good idea- in our links database, we don't accept submissions from places that charge if they don't give these. If something does go wrong, how can I get a legal letter to the place? :up:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I couldn't get it to work properly- it opens the file and I can see the sound waves and hear it, but it doesn't go to record and on your site the Listen and Say choices go green, but mine didn't. (Windows 7 64bit)

One feature that I would recommend is keeping a list of recently used files.

PaulGreen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Russian Federation
Good idea- in our links database, we don't accept submissions from places that charge if they don't give these. If something does go wrong, how can I get a legal letter to the place? :up:
It's not a problem.:) Actually, "PayPro Global, Inc". charges, not me.
More important, we offer 30-day money back guarantee.:)

I couldn't get it to work properly- it opens the file and I can see the sound waves and hear it, but it doesn't go to record and on your site the Listen and Say choices go green, but mine didn't. (Windows 7 64bit)
Thank you for your feedback.
I think I have to add a tutorial. Sorry!
I. First of all, you need to open an audio file containing a sample text or a
phrase in a foreign language.
II. In order to start training you should select some chunk from the file.
Drag your mouse through the oscillogram and select a particular part.
III. Now we are ready to start learning. Click the Loop button (second button on the form) to begin training.
IV. First, you should listen to the narrator. (You will see the green light saying "Listen" in the upper right corner.) After that Your Pronunciation Lab turns to the recording mode and you will see the green light saying "Say" in the upper right corner.
V. Try to repeat what you have just heard as precisely as you can. As you stop saying, the program automatically stops recording and switches to the replay mode and you will see the green light saying "Listen".
VI. Your Pronunciation Lab plays the given sample again followed by your recorded pronunciation. Listen carefully how you and the narrator say the same phrase, check for pronunciation mistakes, compare both variants accurately.

As the replay finishes, the program automatically turns back to playing the same exercise again (step IV). Repeat the loop as many times as you need to achieve the best pronunciation you can, then click the second button on the form (now it looks like "Pause"). The process was stopped. You can select another sample or open another file.

One feature that I would recommend is keeping a list of recently used files.
Thank you for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.