Member Type
Other
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
I want to reqest my boss to get required approval to appoint few staffs. Please find below letter and correct.

As per our discussion with the HR manager regarding the shortage of staff, I have selected and short listed 4 Drivers (please find enclosed CVs) for the final approval.

As you know that we have acute shortage of manpower to run our business smoothly, we immediately require hiring 10 numbers of drivers to fill the existing vacancies. Therefore, kindly to the needful to get enclosed selected CVs approved to proceed further to transfer their sponsorship to enable them to start their employment with us as soon as possible. We have already got approval from MD for hiring 10 numbers of Drivers for 2010.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I want to [STRIKE]reqest[/STRIKE] ask my boss to get the required approval to appoint a few new [STRIKE]staffs[/STRIKE] staff. Please find the letter below [STRIKE]letter[/STRIKE] and correct it.

As per our discussion with the HR manager regarding the shortage of staff, I have selected and shortlisted (all one word) [STRIKE]4[/STRIKE] four drivers (please find enclosed CVs) for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] final approval.

As you know, [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] we have an acute shortage of manpower to run our business smoothly, and we [STRIKE]immediately require hiring 10 numbers of drivers [/STRIKE] need to hire ten drivers immediately to fill the existing vacancies. Therefore, [STRIKE]kindly to the needful to get [/STRIKE] please arrange for the enclosed selected CVs to be approved, [STRIKE]to proceed further to[/STRIKE] so that we can transfer their sponsorship to enable them to start their employment with us as soon as possible. We have already got approval from the MD [STRIKE]for hiring[/STRIKE] to hire[STRIKE]10 numbers of[/STRIKE] ten drivers for 2010.

See above. Note that when talking about a number of people and their job, you don't need to say "numbers of". It's not "10 numbers of drivers", it's simply "ten drivers".

Status
Not open for further replies.