Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
This is an advertisement for the beer company, Branma. In this ad, a dog appears to be waiting for its owner at a Hawaiian beach, a bra is being used as the dog’s leash. Evidently, the targeted audience is men because of the bra. When people see this ad, they will realize that a woman is somewhere around the area without her bra. Judging from the direction in which the dog is staring, the woman is probably at the chairs under the umbrella. Therefore, the other chair is for the man who is viewing the ad. Additionally, the hidden message in this ad is that if you drink Branma beer, you will be happy on a tropical island with a naked woman drinking beer with you.
capture15.jpg

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
That's all true. You may have missed the significance of the slogan "Improvise". The man and woman have taken the dog for a walk. Dogs are not allowed on the beach, but they didn't bring a leash. So, they had to improvise.
Men who drink this beer not only know how to improvise, but they are smart enough to do it to their own advantage. (Naturally, you have to assume that this was the man's idea).

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If I drink Branma beer topless women will drink beer with me?
;-)

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Did you ever see the Dudley Moore movie, Crazy People?

That's the gist of all of these adds. If you did, do you remember the Ferrari ad? Same concept.

NarutoDude

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The point of this was to prove that alcohol ads have hidden messages that are false. I already handed in to my teacher.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.