Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
UK
Hello,

Is this sentence correct, please?: "I would like to transfer tuesday lessons on Thursday or Friday?"

Thanks very much
W

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello,

Is this sentence correct, please?: "I would like to transfer tuesday lessons on Thursday or Friday?"

Thanks very much
W
No, you transfer from something to something.
"I'd like to transfer from Tuesday's class/lesson to the Thursday or Friday class/lesson."
"Tuesday's class" or "the Tuesday class" - same for the others.

Will17

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
UK
No, you transfer from something to something.
"I'd like to transfer from Tuesday's class/lesson to the Thursday or Friday class/lesson."
"Tuesday's class" or "the Tuesday class" - same for the others.

Could I also say "I would like to postpone Tuesday lessons until Thursday or Friday". ?

Cheers
W

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Could I also say "I would like to postpone Tuesday lessons until Thursday or Friday". ?

Cheers
W
Yes.

If you are the teacher, you could say, "I'd like to move next Tuesday's lesson to Thursday or Friday."
If it's a permanent arrangement, "I'd like to move the Tuesday lesson to Thursdays or Fridays."

If you're a student and it's a private lesson, you could say, "I'd like to postpone next Tuesday's lesson until Thursday or Friday." or "I'd like to change the day for my lesson from Tuesdays to Thursdays or Fridays."

There's really a lot of ways of saying this, depending on the circumstances. In any case, you should be as specific as possible about what you mean, especially if it's in writing.

Will17

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
UK
Thank you very much Raymott.

In this case, I'm the student. Is this sentence ok : "Can we move the Tuesday lessons to Thursdays or Fridays? "
(I wrote "lessons" because I'm referring to two lessons in June which were initially planned on a Tuesday).

Thanks
W

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thank you very much Raymott.

In this case, I'm the student. Is this sentence ok : "Can we move the Tuesday lessons to Thursdays or Fridays? "
(I wrote "lessons" because I'm referring to two lessons in June which were initially planned on a Tuesday).

Thanks
W
Then I'd say, "Can we move the Tuesday lessons in June to the Thursday or Friday?"
"Can we move the Tuesday lessons on June 8th and 15th to the Thursday or Friday?"

"the Thursday or Friday" means "the corresponding Thursday or Friday."

Status
Not open for further replies.