Is there a specific licence for the type of food that will be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jit833

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Canada
1) Is there a specific licence for the type of food that will be sold from the food truck?
2) Is the a licence requirement for the type of the food that will be sold from the food truck?

Can somebody tell me if the above sentences have been written correctly? Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do you think that the first three words of the second question are natural English?

Jit833

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Canada
Do you think that the first three words of the second question are natural English?

Hi emsr2d2, thanks for replying.
I guess not.

Maybe the first three words should be worded like this. Is there any licencing requirement.....
Please advice.

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Both sentences are natural and grammatically correct.

The meaning puzzles me a bit. It is easy to imagine that a food truck requires a licence, but the idea that a special licence is required for a type of food (e.g. Chinese) seems implausible to me.

Jit833

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Canada
Both sentences are natural and grammatically correct.

The meaning puzzles me a bit. It is easy to imagine that a food truck requires a licence, but the idea that a special licence is required for a type of food (e.g. Chinese) seems implausible to me.

Thanks for replying. I meant the licence for different type of food that need different requirement to prepare such as raw and fresh food versus those which are pre made such as hot dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.