Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Hi,

I want to send this to my friends but not confident if I am able to write it properly. Please modify it....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[FONT=&quot]My children who are 7 and 3 fight all day long. I got tired teaching them how to enjoy their time with each other without fight. It seems I have become an all time lecturer/instructor than a mom. I found a solution a few months ago. I started telling them bed-time stories in way they could laugh for what they generally fight for. It worked amazingly. I remind them about the story when they repeat it during the day. My children then laugh for what they are doing at that moment. I started to document them for other parents. Below is one of my stories. Please leave your comments
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in Advance
Gauri
[/FONT]

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,

I want to send this to my friends but not confident if I am able to write it properly. Please modify it....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[FONT=&quot]My children who are 7 and 3 fight all day long. I got tired teaching them how to enjoy their time with each other without fighting. It seems I have become [STRIKE]an all [/STRIKE]more a full-time lecturer/instructor than I have as a mom. I found a solution a few months ago. I started telling them bed-time stories in way they could laugh for what they generally fight for. It worked amazingly. I remind them about the story when they repeat [STRIKE]it [/STRIKE] the conflict during the day. My children then laugh for what they are doing at that moment. I started to document [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] my approach for other parents. Below is one of my stories. Please leave your comments [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]----------------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks in Advance[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gauri[/FONT]

Suggestions and congratulations. :up:

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
thanks a lot. I understand most of the correction and changes except the one below

than I have as a mom....

Why I have is being used here. for me I feel than as a mom seems to be perfect or its just the better way to say this.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
thanks a lot. I understand most of the correction and changes except the one below

than I have as a mom....

Why I have is being used here. for me I feel than as a mom seems to be perfect or its just the better way to say this.

You didnt use "than as". You posted "than a mom" which doesn't set up the comparison correctly. It is proper to use the verb "have" at both ends of the comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.