Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Oman
Current Location
Oman
Hi everybody

i am a new member here and i would like to post my first threat in this section of the forum.
i have written an essay about life after marriage and i am looking forward to hearing your comments. Also, i wish you give me some advise to improve my writing.

here is my short essay:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is so hard. You cannot attain your goals easily. It may require a lot of effort and time to make your dreams come true. Nevertheless, we are here to struggle for success and prosperity. One of my major goals was to get married and have a lovely sweet family. By the grace of God, I could achieve this objective after a long wait. Life before and after marriage is obviously not the same.

Once you are engaged to somebody, you will start perceiving everything around you in a different way. It is NOT only 'YOU' anymore. Your priorities might change and your duties will absolutely increase. You are no longer carefree, yet you can enjoy your new life if you could manage it in the right way. After marriage, you share almost everything with your partner including your ideas and dreams. You will have lots of time for discussion and argument, but you have to watch your language every time you talk and never shout; otherwise, you might hurt your partner. Some people are highly sensitive and you cannot deal with them easily; here you should be ultra-careful. I believe you should not criticize your partner's appearance. If you think that her new look does not really suit her, just smile and say, "Yeah, you look nice". She should be clever enough to understand your intonation and comprehend your judgment. In addition, if you feel that your life is getting tedious, get to do something different. I would recommend visiting your relatives and friends from time to time just to refresh and have interesting moments all together. Moreover, having children may keep you busy and strengthen your relationship.

I would not claim that marriage is always full of happiness and enjoyment, but I would certainly say that it has changed my life. If you can find the right partner, there is no reason to put off. Just think about it seriously and you will never regret. Having a productive and cooperative family is my enduring project.

Elia Ali

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Oman
Current Location
Oman
hi guys what do you think about my writing?
i am waiting for your comments
i would to love to hear your suggestions to improve my skill

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi everybody

I am a new member here and I would like to post my first threat :)shock: I hope not, how about "thread") in this section of the forum.
I have written an essay about life after marriage and I am looking forward to hearing your comments. Also, I wish you give me some advise to improve my writing.

here is my short essay:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is so hard. You cannot attain your goals easily. It may require a lot of effort and time to make your dreams come true. Nevertheless, we are here to struggle for success and prosperity. One of my major goals was to get married and have a lovely sweet family. By the grace of God, I could achieve this objective after a long wait. Life before and after marriage is obviously not the same.

Once you are engaged to somebody, you will start perceiving everything around you in a different way. It is NOT only 'YOU' anymore. Your priorities might change and your duties will absolutely increase. You are no longer carefree, yet you can enjoy your new life if you could manage it in the right way. After marriage, you share almost everything with your partner including your ideas and dreams. You will have lots of time for discussion and argument, but you have to watch your language every time you talk and never shout; otherwise, you might hurt your partner. Some people are highly sensitive and you cannot deal with them easily; here you should be ultra-careful. I believe you should not criticize your partner's appearance. If you think that her new look does not really suit her, just smile and say, "Yeah, you look nice". She should be clever enough to understand your intonation and comprehend your judgment. In addition, if you feel that your life is getting tedious, get to do something different. I would recommend visiting your relatives and friends from time to time just to refresh and have interesting moments all together. Moreover, having children may keep you busy and strengthen your relationship.

I would not claim that marriage is always full of happiness and enjoyment, but I would certainly say that it has changed my life. If you can find the right partner, there is no reason to put it off. Just think about it seriously and you will never regret it. Having a productive and cooperative family is my enduring project.

I would have no significant changes. Nice work. :up:

Elia Ali

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Oman
Current Location
Oman
I would have no significant changes. Nice work. :up:

thank you billmcd. Your comment is really encouraging
:) sorry, i did not pay attention to the difference between (threat & thread)
that was an important point
thank you again

Elia Ali

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Oman
Current Location
Oman
I would disagree with this; I think they really mean it when they say it, it's just that figuring out what "traditional" means can be tricky; kind of like "family values" in the US: what exactly is meant by that? Everyone who says it knows what they mean, but I don't know what they mean until they explain themselves or I see them act. Or "I'm a Christian."

Hi :)

Sorry, i did not get your point
i am perplexed :?:

however, thank you :cool:

nitemagyk

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Indonesia
I would like to know the purpose of your essay. Who is it for and what standards should it satisfy? :?:

Elia Ali

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Oman
Current Location
Oman
I would like to know the purpose of your essay. Who is it for and what standards should it satisfy? :?:

Hi
I am writing for the sake of writing
it has no other purpose
but if u are asking about its type, i would say it is a general essay although i was trying to write a comparison & contrast essay.

Regarding standards, i believe that i am attempting to meet university essay standards.

i will appreciate your comments if any
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.