Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear Linguists,
I have only one question.

What are non-systematic errors in spoken English?

Please answer it by giving examples with explanations.

Best wishes,
Livon

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear Linguists,
I have only one question.

What are non-systematic errors in spoken English?

Please answer it by giving examples with explanations.

Best wishes,
Livon

What have you already found out by doing your own research?

Livon4090

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
What have you already found out by doing your own research?

Given my lack of knowledge about this topic, I am unable to comment on it .
Let's see if someone else can educate us regarding "Non-systematic" errors in spoken English.

Best wishes,
Livon

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Given my lack of knowledge about this topic, I am unable to comment on it .
Let's see if someone else can educate us regarding "Non-systematic" errors in spoken English.

Best wishes,
Livon

Let's see what you can find out on your own first, shall we? You have a computer and you clearly have access to the internet. Try Googling the term first and read the multiple pages which appear when you search for various variations on the term.

Livon4090

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Let's see what you can find out on your own first, shall we? You have a computer and you clearly have access to the internet. Try Googling the term first and read the multiple pages which appear when you search for various variations on the term.[/QUOTE

It might be a good idea if we can take assistance from an English expert on the topic of " non-systematic errors". Clearly, we need a linguist who can educate us about these mistakes.

Even if we search the topic on the internet , we cannot locate the information we really require.

Could you do what you have advised me and then get back to me with your findings so that we have some contents for discussion.

Best wishes,
Livon

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Could you do what you have advised me and then get back to me with your findings so that we have some contents for discussion.

Why should WE do the research and summarize our findings for you when it's YOUR topic and you have done absolutely nothing on your own to learn about it yourself?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I don't think you have understood the nature of this forum, Livon.

We help people who have problems with English, but we do not try to replace dictionaries, grammars or textbooks, and we certainly don't do research for people. If you don't understand the language of some of the material you have found, we will be happy to help you, but you need to find your material first and post it here.

Livon4090

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

A lot of criticism is received after the question posted on "Non-systematic" errors. Such harsh remarks are totally disgraceful as they are groundless. These comments absolutely do nothing to solve the purpose ,but instead show the type of treatment offered to English learners.

I did research about the topic on the internet ,but all my efforts resulted in vain . This failure forced me to join this website so that I could get some help . Unfortunately, instead of getting solution to my quizzes, I am bombarded with harsh criticism.

If the answer were known, the query,about "Non-systematic", was not even asked at all.

I do not think that anyone has the right to degrade,demotivate and disrespect English learners like one of the moderators , Barb_d, did to me. No one would accept such second-class treatment.

Had any learner made such comments, he/she would have been banned from the site until now.

Barb_d has strongly hurt my sentiments, so I do not feel like to continue with this website. Nobody can hide his/her inability to answer learners' queries by lambasting them.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Don't be silly. Nobody has given you any harsh treatment at all. We have simply pointed out that we are not here to do research for other people. If you prefer to find a forum where people will do your work for you, fine.

Thread closed

Last edited:

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How anyone can interpret my remarks as degrading is a complete mystery to me. Try English Forums. They seem to no problem doing the assignment that learners are supposed to do on their own.

Here, we have this silly idea that learning takes place when people discover answers themselves, with guidance, rather than handing out answers like free samples.

I'd wish you good luck finding a forum more suited to your style of learning, but it seems getting assignments done is your objective, rather than learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.