Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Yemen
Current Location
United States
Hello,

I hope you all doing well. I'm writing an e-mail to a professor asking him to volunteer in his research. I already have a good written e-mail. But my problem in only one paragraph whichI feel that It needs to be rewritten.

I have read in your biography that you are interested in working with young trainees. I hope that you consider my request as I'm in need for support to take my first step in Medical research.

RubberDucky

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
South Africa
Current Location
South Africa
Hello,

I hope you all doing well. I'm writing an e-mail to a professor asking him to volunteer in his research. I already have a good written e-mail. But my problem in only one paragraph whichI feel that It needs to be rewritten.

I have read in your biography that you are interested in working with young trainees. I hope that you consider my request as I'm in need for support to take my first step in Medical research.
Well, I believe the first sentence will suffice. I would only make one change to the second sentence, rather than using "for" I suggest you use "of" instead.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello,

I have read in your biography that you are interested in working with young trainees. I hope that you will consider my request, as I'm in need [STRIKE]for [/STRIKE] of support to take my first step in medical research.
If you are writing this message to someone in the US, it might be better to not use "young". The usage of "young" would imply that the person discriminates on the basis of age.

Last edited:

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
I hope that will you consider my request...

Hello, Gillnetter.:-D

I believe you meant:

"I hope that you will consider my request..."

Please forgive me if I'm wrong.

sadhvidh

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello,

If you think that you are right then you don't need to any help. Here are my suggestion.

I have read in your biography that you are interested in working with young trainees. I hope that you will consider my request as I need your support to take my first step in Medical research.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I hope you are all doing well.

I'm writing an e-mail to a professor asking him to volunteer in his research.
Now, who is the volunteer - you or the professor?

I already have a good written e-mail. But my problem in only one paragraph which I feel that It needs to be rewritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.