Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Barbados
I’m Swiss and I’m strongly thinking about studying at an University in the UK (btw first choice’s be Sussex)
As i'd like to study either Development Studies with French or International Relations and French, my question is:

Has anyone experiences in studying a language (not your mother language!) in a country witch doesn’t speak your mother language either?

my example: i speak GERMAN, would like to study FRENCH in the UK (ENGLISH)

i am pretty good at languages, my English is sufficient, I’m doing the advanced certificate at the moment.. But still I imagine it could be difficult... any thoughts?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I’m Swiss and I’m strongly thinking about studying at an University in the UK (btw first choice’s be Sussex)
As i'd like to study either Development Studies with French or International Relations and French, my question is:

Has anyone experiences in studying a language (not your mother language!) in a country witch doesn’t speak your mother language either?

i am pretty good at languages, my English is sufficient, I’m doing the advanced certificate at the moment.. But still I imagine it could be difficult... any thoughts?
How come you have written "English" as your first language in your profile? This seems to be becoming more and more frequent by learners. It makes it difficult to answers usefully. In fact, I'm going to ask (again) if the adminstrator will change the wording of that question.

Last edited:

mmasny

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland

Why study French in the UK? Not that I have anything against the idea, I'm just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.