Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
hii
I stay in India and I would like to know if doing CELTA is really beneficial in India? and the other thing I would like to be informed about is that, I have never been a teacher myself. So, would I be able to do so in a 4- week course? Please help!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]hii[/STRIKE] Hi.
I [STRIKE]stay[/STRIKE] live in India and I would like to know if doing CELTA is really beneficial in India? [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] The other thing I would like to [STRIKE]be informed about[/STRIKE] know is [STRIKE]that,[/STRIKE] if I have never been a teacher myself [STRIKE]So,[/STRIKE] would I be able to do so in a 4-week course? Please help!

Welcome to the forum.

I have moved your post to the "Teaching English" section where we talk about actual teaching. Many people who do a CELTA have no teaching experience so that isn't a problem in itself. Your English needs to be at a high level so that you can be certain that what you are teaching your students is correct. Don't forget that on the CELTA, they don't teach you English - they teach you how to teach English.

shwetapunj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you so much for the reply. I would like to know what are the career opportunities in India?

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you so much for the reply. I would like to know what [strike]are[/strike] the career opportunities in India are. [strike]?[/strike]

Hopefully there is someone in India who can help you out with this.

Note my amendments to your post. Be careful with your order and remember that a sentence which starts with "I would like to know ..." is not a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.