Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
I study linguistics and it's new to me. Can anyone please tell me the above-mentioned alphabets?

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I study linguistics and it's new to me. Can anyone please tell me the above-mentioned alphabets?
Do you know the difference between letters and sounds? Vowels and consonants?

UM Chakma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
I have just started to study about linguistics.Yes I admit that I made a mistake. I must have typed as unvoiced/voiceless consonant sounds and voiced consonant sounds. Anyway! why don't you help me if you know the answer(sounds)?

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Think of /s/ and /z/, or if you like, /b/ and /p/. They are twins but one is not like the other, because the voice is "on".

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I have just started to study about linguistics.Yes I admit that I made a mistake. I must have typed as unvoiced/voiceless consonant sounds and voiced consonant sounds. Anyway! why don't you help me if you know the answer(sounds)?
Your initial question was confusing that's why I asked for clarification. Good to know that it was just a typo. Still, what do you want to know about voiced and voiceless consonants?

You will get the answer to a specific question much more quickly not in the least because it takes less time to type a couple of lines than several paragraphs to cover a broad topic. And don't run away with the idea that you will be provided with straightforward answers - that's what keys are for. Here, beginning a question with 'Why..?' or similar will show you are on track for successful learning, so people will be more wiling to help.

UM Chakma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
I want to know all voiced and unvoiced consonant sounds. Currently I know fewer of them; "p,f,k,s,h,t" are unvoiced "v,g,n,m,l" are voiced. But I want to know more if there are more sounds more than I referred to.

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Status
Not open for further replies.