can you pleaseeeee help me with my English assignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria311

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Bahrain
Current Location
Bahrain
This is a long post and I promise you that I did try my best with the assignment I'm not just looking for other people to do it for me, the thing is I feel like my professor is giving us something waay harder than the course is about, the course is very basic English and none of the exercises we do in class are as hard as this one :(

he gave us this assignment where we have gaps in sentences where we have to use phrasal verbs from, my English is generally good but I found this to be confusing and difficult I really need help because even the things I did myself I am not 100% sure about whether they are correct or not ..
the next set of sentences need phrasal verbs from the verb "break"

Physicists claim to have ______ through in several aspects of the nature of the atom.
(in the sentence above I think break through is the answer but then the gap won't be filled with a phrasal verb) do you have any other suggestions?

We intend to ______ tradition and spend our vacation in India
(here also I couldn't think of any "phrasal verb" because simply "break tradition" sounds correct.

I have no idea what the answers are for the next two, the first one might be "broke out" is that correct?
People started to leave at 11 and the party finally ______ at midnight
At meetings, Ray always ______ some trivial matter and holds up the proceedings.

the next set of sentences have to be completed with phrasal verbs from the verb "put":
I've answered these myself, do tell me if they are correct or if they need change
1. Don’t believe what you hear about Howard. It’s just a rumour that someone has put out.
2. I have to put in an hour’s piano practice every day.
3. The match has been put off until next Friday.
4. Don’t be put off by that lazy selfish woman.

what is the answer for the next two? from the verb put as well

1. Another supermarket has been ________________ in High Street.
2. Is this the kind of explanation you want ________________?

and I'll just leave the next two parts without my attempts at solving them because they were the most confusing to me especially "make"

verb(make)
1. When the police arrived, the thief was ________________ down the street.
2. When the dog started to growl, the little boy ________________ the door and disappeared.
3. How did Julie ________________ at the interview?
4. He seems to think if he ________________ the secretary, she will do his report faster.
5. Would you ________________ the bill, please?

verb(come)
1. Pleated skirts _______ in again this season.
2. Her speech was carefully prepared, but it didn’t ________ very well.
3. How’s your new project _______?
4. There was a lot of talk about a takeover, but it never ________________.
5. When she ________________, she found herself in a hospital bed.

I know it's very long but I really need help :( I'm so sorry, if this is a lot please give me a good English forum where I can get answers there very quickly
I did send him an email asking him if the simple form of the verb acceptable rather than a phrasal verb because I looked at lists of phrasal verbs from these verbs but nothing seemed right. If you help me I would really appreciate it! I am also looking forward to participate more in this forum as I am just starting my English Literature degree :)

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, Maria. :hi:

We like to help when we can, but we do not help with homework assignments. Your teacher/professor wants to see what you can do, not what we can.

If the assignment prove to be too difficult for all the students, then this will be useful knowledge for the teacher.

Maria311

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Bahrain
Current Location
Bahrain
okay can you actually tell me if all the questions are solvable ? so I can start slaving :( they all look confusing to me

Welcome to the forum, Maria. :hi:

We like to help when we can, but we do not help with homework assignments. Your teacher/professor wants to see what you can do, not what we can.

If the assignment prove to be too difficult for all the students, then this will be useful knowledge for the teacher.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
There are answers to all of them.The first one is confusing - 'through' is, as you thought, part of the phrasal verb.

Status
Not open for further replies.