Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Job Titles After Names in Parentheses

To maintain consistency throughout a formal report, do we maintain capitalization of job titles (or any titles) after a person's name within parentheses?
If you see anything that needs to be changed in punctuation, please make the edit.

See example below:

On 7 February 2013 at 7 pm, I, John Doe (Asset Protection Manager, Franklin Corporation) interviewed and obtained an oral and a written confession from Jane Doe (Part-Time Cashier, Kroger Supermarkets) in which she admitted to stealing $450 cash from register no. 5 at 6:15 pm on 3 February 2013 while she was working. Ms Doe said that she was willing to pay full restitution for the total amount of cash she had stolen. John Smith (Janitor, Kroger Supermarkets) witnessed this theft on 3 February 2014 at 6:15 pm while passing by the register. Present as an interview witness during questioning was Dave Peters (Bagel Clerk, Kroger Supermarkets).

Thanks.

Grumpy

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Job Titles After Names in Parentheses

To maintain consistency throughout a formal report, do we maintain capitalization of job titles (or any titles) after a person's name within parentheses?
If you see anything that needs to be changed in punctuation, please make the edit.

See example below:

On 7 February 2013 at 7 pm, I, John Doe (Asset Protection Manager, Franklin Corporation) interviewed and obtained an oral and a written confession from Jane Doe (Part-Time Cashier, Kroger Supermarkets), in which she admitted to stealing $450 cash from register no. 5 at 6:15 pm on 3 February 2013 while she was working. Ms Doe said that she was willing to pay full restitution for the total amount of cash she had stolen. John Smith (Janitor, Kroger Supermarkets) witnessed this theft on 3 February 2014 at 6:15 pm while passing by the register. Present as an interview witness during questioning was Dave Peters (Bagel Clerk, Kroger Supermarkets).

Thanks.

I would say yes to maintaining capitalisation, as you have done. My only suggestion for a change in punctuation is the comma, shown in red. Also, the "to" in "admitted to stealing" is optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.