[General] Usage of "It's like they're pally-wally." ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Williamyh

Member Type
Other
Hi Everybody,

I just watched the British Episode, one guy said "It's like they're pally-wally." Could you explain to me what is the meaning of it and how to use properly? Thanks.

WYH

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
Means that they are good friends, almost suggesting that others are excluded.

Not a phrase to worry about or try to use. Very out of date.

Williamyh

Member Type
Other
Means that they are good friends, almost suggesting that others are excluded.

Not a phrase to worry about or try to use. Very out of date.

Hi Anglika, thanks for your explanation. I got this from "The IT Crowd" - UK Episode, have you ever watch this Episode? There are many terms and British English I have never heard before....

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
Yes, I have seen "The IT Crowd". It is what can be called a show with "in jokes" - jokes understood by those who watch it. Not as clever as it used to be.

If it was Moss who said this, that is entirely in character for him - nerdy and out of touch with current slang.

Williamyh

Member Type
Other
Yes, I have seen "The IT Crowd". It is what can be called a show with "in jokes" - jokes understood by those who watch it. Not as clever as it used to be.

If it was Moss who said this, that is entirely in character for him - nerdy and out of touch with current slang.

Thanks for letting me know the english speaking style from Moss. If you didn't tell me I'd learn that kind of english, perhaps it wastes my brain space to remember the old style english, as I am not a native speaker, so I need to spare my brain space to learn the modern english...thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.