Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Yemen
Current Location
Canada
Television is a great invention that did not exist four or five decades ago. Many people like television including myself, and we find it hard to spend a day without watching television for at least ten minutes. By using the TV in a positive way, I surely think that it is not a waste of time. Watching TV is one of the best things to do at your leisure time; having fun while learning at least one thing for the day. TV is something our ancestors did not get a chance to see and had to go through many harsh methods to gain the knowledge needed, while we on the other hand can learn in our leisure time and relax at the same time using this amazing tool. Television is definitely not a waste of time because it’s a good tool for education and it’s also one of the best media tools and helps us be entertained.
For the past few decades, people were always using hard methods in order to learn new things because the TV was not invented at that time. Now that we have it, we are able to learn new stuff any time we want. Through television we are able to watch science discoveries from educational channels. No matter where new things are discovered, we are able to see it all from the TV around the world. There are animals and plants all over the world that we had no idea of their existence. When people learn about them, they like to share with the others around the globe. The easiest way to do so is to broadcast it and put it on TV so people like us can watch it from wherever we are, that’s why I think it is such an incredible tool. There are many channels that teach us historical events which occurred long time ago. For example, the “History Channel” provides us lots of information about those events from the past. That helps most of the high school and university students with their history classes. Those people from the past, who didn’t have this amazing tool, did not get a chance to learn this easy way that now we do.
Recently, television became one of the best media tools that is been used all over the world. Unlike computers that only few people have them in their houses, TV is owned by many people. In order to find out the latest everyday news that’s happening around our world, people used to use radios which were not very developed at that time. We in the other hand have the TV and the best part is that you can hear and watch global news at the same time. The other thing that television helps people with is advertising. Thanks to the television companies are able to advertise their latest products and accessories on TV where we consumers can see. From TV we see what happen in other countries. For instance we could watch the debates that are going in the US recently. Watching TV is not only about learning new things, but is also about having fun and being entertained.
Many people including myself like to watch television, especially if we’ve had a hard full of events day, to help us relax and distract ourselves from heavy thoughts. The best thing we usually do is turn on the TV in order to watch a funny show like “friends” and try to lose all the stress. The other thing that I love about television is that we can watch sport matches live. I like watching soccer games live, and thanks to the TV I am able to do so whenever I want. Television usually helps us release all stress that we gain from all the things we do during the day. There is always a movie or a film that we like and we can spend some time having fun watching it. In order for us to distract the heavy thoughts in which we gain from what we do, we watch some television, and make ourselves feel better.
Television right now is one of the best tools out there nowadays. Many people think that watching TV is a waste of time, but I have to disagree with that statement. In addition to the huge knowledge we gain from watching TV, it is also one the best media tools, and works great for entertainment. It might be true that some people think watching television is a waste of time, but the advantages outweighs the disadvantages and that is because TV has a great impact in our daily lives.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Television is a great invention that did not exist four or five decades ago. Many people like television including myself, and we find it hard to spend a day without watching television for at least ten minutes. By using the TV in a positive way, I surely think that it is not a waste of time. Watching TV is one of the best things to do at your leisure time; having fun while learning at least one thing for the day. TV is something our ancestors did not get a chance to see and had to go through many harsh methods to gain the knowledge needed, while we on the other hand can learn in our leisure time and relax at the same time using this amazing tool. Television is definitely not a waste of time because it’s a good tool for education and it’s also one of the best media tools and helps us be entertained.
For the past few decades, people were always using hard methods in order to learn new things because the TV was not invented at that time. Now that we have it, we are able to learn new stuff any time we want. Through television we are able to watch science discoveries from educational channels. No matter where new things are discovered, we are able to see it all from the TV around the world. There are animals and plants all over the world that we had no idea of their existence. When people learn about them, they like to share with the others around the globe. The easiest way to do so is to broadcast it and put it on TV so people like us can watch it from wherever we are, that’s why I think it is such an incredible tool. There are many channels that teach us historical events which occurred long time ago. For example, the “History Channel” provides us lots of information about those events from the past. That helps most of the high school and university students with their history classes. Those people from the past, who didn’t have this amazing tool, did not get a chance to learn this easy way that now we do.
Recently, television became one of the best media tools that is been used all over the world. Unlike computers that only few people have them in their houses, TV is owned by many people. In order to find out the latest everyday news that’s happening around our world, people used to use radios which were not very developed at that time. We in the other hand have the TV and the best part is that you can hear and watch global news at the same time. The other thing that television helps people with is advertising. Thanks to the television companies are able to advertise their latest products and accessories on TV where we consumers can see. From TV we see what happen in other countries. For instance we could watch the debates that are going in the US recently. Watching TV is not only about learning new things, but is also about having fun and being entertained.
Many people including myself like to watch television, especially if we’ve had a hard full of events day, to help us relax and distract ourselves from heavy thoughts. The best thing we usually do is turn on the TV in order to watch a funny show like “friends” and try to lose all the stress. The other thing that I love about television is that we can watch sport matches live. I like watching soccer games live, and thanks to the TV I am able to do so whenever I want. Television usually helps us release all stress that we gain from all the things we do during the day. There is always a movie or a film that we like and we can spend some time having fun watching it. In order for us to distract the heavy thoughts in which we gain from what we do, we watch some television, and make ourselves feel better.
Television right now is one of the best tools out there nowadays. Many people think that watching TV is a waste of time, but I have to disagree with that statement. In addition to the huge knowledge we gain from watching TV, it is also one the best media tools, and works great for entertainment. It might be true that some people think watching television is a waste of time, but the advantages outweighs the disadvantages and that is because TV has a great impact in our daily lives.

Welcome to the forums. What is your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.