Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hi everyone! Holidays have been begining that's why I want to improve my language, but unfortunately I haven't got anyone who can check my writting skills. Therefore I thought that sb here could check it?

Inglourious Basterds

Dark comedy and war genre fluently associated in one big, action and funny story written by Quentin Tarantino. Inglourious Basterds produced in 2009, tells unpredictable story which takes place during alternate II World War. On the screen we can see i.a. Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz, Mélanie Laurent and Eli Roth.

The film is divided for two parts, two different stories. The first one shows the fate of Jew’s girl Shosanna (Mélanie Laurent), who family was killed by SS colonel Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz) , nicknamed the "Jew Hunter". She changes name to Emmanuelle Mimieux and she is owner of the cinema in Paris. When she finds out that in her cinema will show the Nazi propaganda film, she wants to revenge for her family. The second one tells the story of The "Basterds", where eight Jewish-American soldiers troop formed by Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt), kills German’s in brutal way. They have got order to kill the Hitler, who will be in film premiere in Shosanna’s cinema. But beyond all of them is Hans Landa, who wants to disrupt all plans.

Before watching the film first thing, which stands alone is title. QT wanted to be extraordinary and wrote “Inglourious Basterds”, it is of course incorrectly, but points us the lightness of this film. The really good point of this film is acting, which is awesome. The film include everything from love to shoot-out. The plot is gripping and really unpredictable, that’s why you can’t be bored during watching.

To sum up, without hesitation I think it is one of the best dark comedies ever made. From the first minutes film makes your curiosity higher and higher. I recommended it to everyone who like this type of films, also to everyone who wants to simply relax.

EnglishFix

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Chile
A dark comedy and a war genre film that is fluently combined in one big, action film with a funny story written by Quentin Tarantino, Inglorious Bastards, produced in 2009, tells an unpredictable story which takes place during an alternate World War II. On the screen we can see Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz, Mélanie Laurent and Eli Roth.

The film is divided into two parts, two different stories. The first one shows the fate of a Jewish girl Shosanna (Mélanie Laurent), whose family was killed by SS colonel Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz) , nicknamed the "Jew Hunter". She changes her name to Emmanuelle Mimieux and she is the owner of a cinema in Paris. When she finds out that her cinema will show an Nazi propaganda film, she wants to revenge for her family. The second one tells the story of "The Bastards", who are eight Jewish-American soldiers formed by Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt), who kills Germans in brutal way. They have an order to kill Hitler, who will be in a film premiere at Shosanna’s cinema. But above all of them is Hans Landa, who wants to disrupt all their plans.

Before watching the film, the first thing which stands alone is the title. QT wanted it to be extraordinary and wrote “Inglorious Bastards”. It is of course incorrect, but it points out the lightness of this film. The really good point of this film is the acting, which is awesome. The film includes everything from love to shoot-outs. The plot is gripping and really unpredictable, that’s why you can’t be bored when watching.

To sum up, without hesitation I think it is one of the best dark comedies ever made. From the first minutes, the film makes your curiosity higher and higher. I recommended it to everyone who likes this type of film, also to everyone who wants to simply relax.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi everyone! Holidays have been [STRIKE]begining [/STRIKE] beginning that's why I want to improve my language, but unfortunately I haven't got anyone who can check my writting skills. Therefore. I thought that [STRIKE]sb[/STRIKE] somebody here could check it.[STRIKE]?[/STRIKE]

Inglourious [STRIKE]Basterds[/STRIKE] Bastards
Both a dark comedy and war genre are fluently associated in one big, action and funny story written by Quentin Tarantino. "Inglourious [STRIKE]Basterds [/STRIKE] Bastards" produced in 2009, tells an unpredictable story which takes place during an alternate [STRIKE]II[/STRIKE] World War II. On the screen [STRIKE]we can see i.a.[/STRIKE] are Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz, Mélanie Laurent and Eli Roth.

The film is divided [strike]for[/strike] into two parts, two different stories. The first one shows the fate of a Jewish [STRIKE]Jew’s [/STRIKE]girl, Shosanna (Mélanie Laurent), [STRIKE]who [/STRIKE] whose family was killed by SS Colonel Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz), nicknamed the "Jew Hunter". She changes her name to Emmanuelle Mimieux and she is owner of [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] a cinema in Paris. When she finds out that [STRIKE]in [/STRIKE]her cinema will show [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] a Nazi propaganda film, she wants to revenge [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] her family. The second one tells the story of The "[STRIKE]Basterds[/STRIKE] Bastards", where eight Jewish-American soldiers [STRIKE]troop [/STRIKE] soliders, formed by Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt), kills [STRIKE]German’s[/STRIKE] Germans in brutal ways. They have [STRIKE]got [/STRIKE]orders to kill [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]Hitler, who will be [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at the film's premiere in Shosanna’s cinema. But beyond all of them is Hans Landa, who wants to disrupt all plans. (This doesn't make any sense. How could Landa be beyond them? Rewrite this this way - There is also Hans Landa who wants to disrupt all of their plans)
[STRIKE]Before watching the film [/STRIKE] The first thing which stands [STRIKE]alone [/STRIKE] out is the title. QT (The name is Quentin Tarantino. If you want to shorten the name you have to indicate this to the reader - Quentin Tarantino (QT). Then when you use QT, the reader will know what you mean) wanted the film to be extraordinary [STRIKE]and [/STRIKE] when he wrote “Inglourious [STRIKE]Basterds[/STRIKE] Bastards”, it [STRIKE]is of course incorrectly, but [/STRIKE]points [STRIKE]us[/STRIKE] out the lightness of this film. The really good [STRIKE]point of [/STRIKE] thing about this film is the acting, which is awesome. The film include everything from love to shoot-outs. The plot is gripping and really unpredictable, that’s why you can’t be bored [STRIKE]during [/STRIKE] while watching it.

To sum up, without hesitation, I think it is one of the best dark comedies ever made. From the first minutes the film [STRIKE]makes [/STRIKE] drives your curiosity higher and higher. I [STRIKE]recommended [/STRIKE] recommend it to everyone who like this type of [STRIKE]films[/STRIKE] film, also to everyone who wants to simply relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.