Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Netherlands
hi
I have an other question. would you mind introduce me a website which has videos that speaks ordinary english?
I have some problems using English for speaking fast. some times it doesn't come to my mind which phrase or word or expression I should use.
I'd be glad let me know if you have any other suggestion for this reason ;-)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
hi
I have an other question. would you mind introduce me a website which has videos that speaks ordinary english?
I have some problems using English for speaking fast. some times it doesn't come to my mind which phrase or word or expression I should use.
I'd be glad let me know if you have any other suggestion for this reason ;-)

I'm not sure what you mean by "ordinary English". One website which I have found helpful for my students is TED. There are hundreds of videos of various lengths, and you can choose whether or not to have the written transcript running alongside the video. My students like to watch the video without the transcript a couple of times first to see how much they understand, then play it again with the transcript so they can check how well they did.

TED: Ideas worth spreading

crazYgeeK

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Can I download the videos to watch offline ?
Thank you for the good website address !

MiNeRVa.Med

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Netherlands
I'm not sure what you mean by "ordinary English". One website which I have found helpful for my students is TED. There are hundreds of videos of various lengths, and you can choose whether or not to have the written transcript running alongside the video. My students like to watch the video without the transcript a couple of times first to see how much they understand, then play it again with the transcript so they can check how well they did.

TED: Ideas worth spreading

I used the website before but I compeletly forget about it.
I think you get me ;-)
thanks for your useful suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.