Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Australia
hi there, i'm currently applying for jobs in the accounting filed and i'm afarid that there some silly mistakes in my cover letter which will upset the future employer that i won't even haf a chance to have a interview with them. so could you plz have a look at my cover letter. many thanks:-D

[FONT=&#20223]Dear[FONT=&#20223]Sir/Madam,[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&#20223]I am writing in regards to the position of [FONT=&#20223]‘[/FONT][FONT=&#20223]Accounts Payable[/FONT][FONT=&#20223]’[/FONT][FONT=&#20223] as advertised on [/FONT][FONT=&#20223]Seek.com.au.[/FONT][/FONT]

I complete my degree in Bachelor of Commerce from The University of Melbourne in 2007 and now have a genuine interest to join your company as an accounts payable in order to gain some valuable experiences in the accounting area. Also my accounting experiences and customer service skills I have been accumulated from working in accounting and hospitality areas has suitably equipped me to make a valuable contribution towards the capacity of your company.

[FONT=&#20223]I worked[FONT=&#20223] as a[/FONT][FONT=&#20223]n[/FONT][FONT=&#20223] Assistant Accountant[/FONT][FONT=&#20223] in Triangle Cables (Aust) Pty Ltd, a solely owned medium size Australian cable manufacturer[/FONT][FONT=&#20223] after I completed my [/FONT][FONT=&#20223]degree. [/FONT]I fulfilled several accounting duties including accounts receivable/payable, processing of receipts and payments, payroll administration, preparing BAS, banking reconciliation, EFT payments, data entry, petty cash, general ledger maintenance and general office administrative duties. Performing these duties in [FONT=&#23435]Triangle Cables [/FONT]has given me a basic accounting grounding[FONT=&#23435].[/FONT][FONT=&#20223]I was able to process[/FONT][FONT=&#20223]and maintain every employee’s personal and leave records [/FONT][FONT=&#20223]according to the company’s standards and procedures [/FONT][FONT=&#20223]which requires attention to detail[/FONT][FONT=&#20223]. [/FONT][FONT=&#20223]I worked unsupervised but within a team environment. I have enjoyed the challenge of continuously applying the best accounting practices to help deliver business goals. To continue adding value to the business, constant improvement has been necessary, both personally and on the job. To that end, I have consistently sought training in the newest technological and accounting developments, and then put them to work for my employers.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&#20223]With my successful work experience and academic qualification, I believe I will be a valuable addition to your company.[FONT=&#23435]I’m detail-oriented, a quick learner with ability to adapt to new challenges and I have the mind-set. Although I may not have lots of years of experience, I’m hopeful that you’ll give me a chance. One of the best things about my career has been that I’ve always had the opportunity to do the job because people were willing to give me a chance and I hate to disappoint.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&#20223]Please find a copy of my resume attached for your consideration. I can be contacted anytime via email ([FONT=&#20223]xxx[/FONT][FONT=&#20223]), or mobile phone (0[/FONT][FONT=&#20223]433 000 000[/FONT][FONT=&#20223]). And I am available to start employment immediately.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&#20223]Thank you for your time and consideration.[/FONT]

[FONT=&#20223]Yours sincerely[/FONT]

[FONT=&#20223]xxxx [/FONT]

richard80

Member Type
English Teacher
I complete my degree in Bachelor of Commerce from The University of Melbourne in 2007 and now have a genuine interest to join your company as an accounts payable in order to gain some valuable experiences in the accounting area. Also my accounting experiences and customer service skills I have been accumulated from working in accounting and hospitality areas has suitably equipped me to make a valuable contribution towards the capacity of your company.

Overall it is quite good but your intro could use a few changes.

"I completed my bachelors of Commerce at the University of Melbourne in 2007 and am now genuinely interested in joining your company in the advertised accounts payable position. My accounting and customer service skills have been developed while working in accounting and hospitality positions for the past _ years and have suitably equipped me to make a valuable contribution to your company in this capacity."

Could be a better introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.