Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Qatar
last year I apply to school in U.S.A. to study english .they send me the admission, but due to personal circumstances, I could not attend the course.nowI am ready to attend the course.so I want to write email asking them if is it possiple to attend the course with the previous appliction or should i reapply again. please correct my email becauseI know there are many grammar mistake.
here is my email:

With reference to my previous application abc 629854, I am writing to enroll in your Intensive English program which will start on April 3rd 2013. Please let me know if I should re-apply again or just send you updated financial documents .

Thank you for your cooperation .
Best,
Al

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Last year I applied to a school in the U.S.A. to study English. They sent me the admission (I think perhaps you mean "They granted me admission), but due to personal circumstances, I could not attend the course. Now I am ready to attend the course (no full stop) so I want to write an email asking them if is it possiple to attend the course with the previous application or [STRIKE]should[/STRIKE] if I should reapply. [STRIKE]again.[/STRIKE] Please correct my email because I know there are many grammar mistakes.
Here is my email:

With reference to my previous application (Ref: abc 629854), I am writing to [STRIKE]enroll[/STRIKE] enrol in your Intensive English program which will start on April 3rd 2013. Please let me know if I should reapply [STRIKE]again[/STRIKE] or just send you updated financial documents.
Thank you for your cooperation.
[STRIKE]Best, [/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Al

[/STRIKE]
[Your full name]

The actual email is pretty good and I have only had to make a couple of corrections. The rest of your post was not of the same quality unfortunately. Please look at the amendments I have made above in red. Whenever you write in English, you must:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
- Capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

Note that you don't need to say both "reapply" and "again". "Reapply" (no hyphen required) means "to apply again".

rsr58

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Qatar
The actual email is pretty good and I have only had to make a couple of corrections. The rest of your post was not of the same quality unfortunately. Please look at the amendments I have made above in red. Whenever you write in English, you must:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
- Capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

Note that you don't need to say both "reapply" and "again". "Reapply" (no hyphen required) means "to apply again".

Thank you so much for your correction and advice. next time I will follow your guidence.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you so much for your correction and advice. Next time I will follow your guidance.

You're welcome. Remember to follow the rules of written English every time you post!

Odessa Dawn

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
enroll v enrol

Re: Please correct my email !
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rsr58
Last year I applied to a school in the U.S.A. to study English. They sent me the admission (I think perhaps you mean "They granted me admission), but due to personal circumstances, I could not attend the course. Now I am ready to attend the course (no full stop) so I want to write an email asking them if is it possiple to attend the course with the previous application or [STRIKE]should[/STRIKE] if I should reapply. [STRIKE]again[/STRIKE] Please correct my email because I know there are many grammar mistakes.
Here is my email:

With reference to my previous application (Ref: abc 629854), I am writing to [STRIKE]enroll [/STRIKE]enrol in your Intensive English program which will start on April 3rd 2013. Please let me know if I should reapply [STRIKE]again[/STRIKE] or just send you updated financial documents.
Thank you for your cooperation.
[STRIKE]Best[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Al

[/STRIKE]
[Your full name]

More: https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/letter-writing/184855-please-correct-my-email.html

Thank you, emsr, very much for your precious help as always. When I write in English, I don’t pay a close attention to American and British English spelling differences as the saying goes "All roads lead to Rome." In other words, the most important thing is to write correctly, avoiding misspelling.

Question: Why did you mark enroll as wrong while it is being written here with double L? Also, here the letter L is being doubled.

P.S.: Please accept my note with open arms. I don’t intend to consume your time, but I want to learn something new since I am from a disadvantage area and there is no , of course, English language maven.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: enroll v enrol

Apologies. "Enrol" is BrE. "Enroll" is AmE but I had forgotten that when I corrected the word. As long as you stick to one variant throughout a piece, it doesn't matter whether you choose BrE or AmE.

Status
Not open for further replies.