[Grammar] Can check my grammar,grammatical mistakes and sentence structure please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma_hegab

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Can check my grammar,grammatical mistakes and sentence structure please?
Further to your mail I would like to inform that this task is for our IT Department in Al Jaber Company. But let me ask the responsible there in IT department Al Jaber Company about this issue if it is free or with charge. If it is with charge we can just do this task by myself but in this case I require the flowing Items mention below.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can you check the grammar, grammatical mistakes and sentence structure please?

Further to your mail I would like to inform that this task is for our IT Department in Al Jaber Company. But let me ask the responsible there in IT department Al Jaber Company about this issue if it is free or with charge. If it is with charge we can just do this task by myself but in this case I require the flowing Items mention below.

Further to your email, I must inform you that this task is the responsibility of the Al Jaber Company IT department. First, I need to ask the person responsible there if this issue will incur a charge or not. If it will incur a charge, then I will carry out the work myself but I will need the following items:
[list of items].

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Further to your email, I must inform you that this task is the responsibility of the Al Jaber Company IT department. First, I need to ask the person responsible there if this issue will incur a charge or not. If it will incur a charge, then I will carry out the work myself but I will need the following items:
[list of items].

I was just wondering whether we really are allowed to use "will" in subordinate clauses. Will that be OK to say "If it incurs..." or "If it does incur..."?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I was just wondering whether we really are allowed to use "will" in subordinate clauses. Will that be OK to say "If it incurs..." or "If it does incur..."?
If it will is perfectly OK.It is one of the myths of ELT that will cannot be used in an if-clause.

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
If it will is perfectly OK.It is one of the myths of ELT that will cannot be used in an if-clause.

Do you mean it's perfectly OK in business writing or in general? If that really is a myth, then we can boldly question the validity of most grammar books ever published in non-English-speaking countries.

Last edited:

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Does it have anything to do with willingness?

Here is what I've found online:

"Finally, willingness (see the word will?) allows will to appear in the if...will clause. Willingness is not the same thing as the future. But it uses the same word. We who speak English are sorry we did this to you. :) We should have used another word. Here are some examples:
Basic first condition: If he comes by eight o'clock, we will have a party.
First condition with willingness: If he will come by eight o'clock, we will have a party."

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Do you mean it's perfectly OK in business writing or in general? If that really is a myth, then we can boldly question the validity of most grammar books ever published in non-English-speaking countries.

One of the problems with calling things rules is that there are almost always exceptions. It is true that we can use will in a if-clause, but we use it for a reason like negotiating. In most cases it is wrong to use it, so to state it as an absolute rule is not accurate, but I think questioning the validity of grammar books is going over the top. They could phrase it a little better, but I suppose their primary aim is to stop students whose language would use a future form from doing so wrongly, and once that has been mastered the rule could be modified at a higher level to allow for a more nuanced view.

Status
Not open for further replies.