Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
What I actually understand is that the main character in this story is "Sory", so when Sory and his family were deeply sleeping, they heard a strong sound (great angry, roars from the sky), meanwhile sory jumped off his sleeping mat in order to know the source of this inhabitual sound.Then, he realized that this sound was an aircraft which was circling far out over the lagoon.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
re: my own philosophy on the Novel "The bomb, by Theodore Taylor"

Welcome to the forum, =Aidani jamal. :hi:

Have you a question?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Here is one clue for your piece. The word "inhabitual" does not exist in English. I think you tried to use a direct translation of "inhabituel" in French but it doesn't work. Check the word "inhabituel" in a French-English dictionary and you will find the correct English word.

Aidani jamal

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco

Thank you so much Sir..I would like to thank you so much....(Jamal from Morocco,English student)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

Thank you so much [STRIKE]Sir[/STRIKE]. I would like to thank you so much. (Jamal from Morocco,English student)

'Sir' and 'Mr' are inappropriate forms of address here. One of those replies was from a female teacher.

Use a single full stop to end a sentence.

Just click on the Like button to thank us; you don't need to send your thanks in a separate post.

Rover

Aidani jamal

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
You are totally right Rover.But how can I know that the one who sent me a message male or female? I hope you will reply soon Rover.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It is irrelevant whether someone is male or female. We are all simply users of this forum. If you wish to address one of us directly for some reason, then simply write the username.

There is no need to use any kind of formal address. You can start your posts with "Hi", "Hello", "Good morning, everyone" etc. Or, you can simply start typing your question without any greeting. We appreciate the word "please" when making a request, but as Rover said, you don't need to make a new post to say "Thank you". Just click on the word "Like" on a post which was helpful to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.