Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I don't understand the following highlighted parts:

In fact, some of the things you see in the film - like my looking away and trying to keep myself from breaking up - were caused by my looking at Denis off-camera over in the bushes, totally freaked out of his bird, laughing his head off while I'm in there trying to do my Lyndon Johnson and keep everything together. - page 168, Jack Nicholson, December 2012, Playboy

I can't figure out the exact meaning of the former and guess the do of the later may mean act but ain't sure.

Please lend a hand. Thanks a lot.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
My guesses:

1 Under the influence of drugs
2 Behaving like Lyndon Johnson, who became president after the assassination of JF Kennedy, so had to try to keep things calm in difficult times

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't understand the following highlighted parts:

In fact, some of the things you see in the film - like my looking away and trying to keep myself from breaking up - were caused by my looking at Denis off-camera over in the bushes, totally freaked out of his bird, laughing his head off while I'm in there trying to do my Lyndon Johnson and keep everything together. - page 168, Jack Nicholson, December 2012, Playboy

I can't figure out the exact meaning of the former and guess the do of the later may mean act but ain't sure.

Please lend a hand. Thanks a lot.
Totally freaked out = Lost control. Acting in a strange manner. Teenagers use the term "freak out" to mean that someone, or that they, are reacting to an event in an abnormal manner.
His bird = His mind.

coolfool

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Totally freaked out = Lost control. Acting in a strange manner. Teenagers use the term "freak out" to mean that someone, or that they, are reacting to an event in an abnormal manner.
His bird = His mind.

Would you please prove his bird means his mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.