[General] Could you help me catch a few unclear english words on an audio record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denisius

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Hi all! I encountered a problem while I was listening to this audio record http://webfile.ru/6685663, namely I couldn't catch what the speaker was saying after the words "how the joints effect the skin" and between "and then how we" and "animate the character".
I'd be grateful if anybody helps me recognize those words.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Is this a file to download? If so could you post it to YouTube or SoundCloud where people can listen without downloading. People are often unwilling to download unknown files. Thanks

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi all! I encountered a problem while I was listening to this audio record http://webfile.ru/6685663, namely I couldn't catch what the speaker was saying after the words "how the joints effect the skin" and between "and then how we" and "animate the character".
I'd be grateful if anybody helps me recognize those words.

After "how the joints affect the skin", it's "... or the, kind of, the geometry surface".
The second part is "... and then how we can actually animate the character".

Denisius

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Hi Tdol! Thanks for your suggestion, but there's no problem to listen to the record on that site because after the page opens it'll be played automatically.
Hi emsr2d2 and thanks for your help! May I ask you about some shortenings or reductions for the word "actually" due to which I can't still recognize it on the record?

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"Can actually" in the recording sounds like "kuh-nack-cherlee". The first syllable of that would sound like the first syllable of "condense". When native speakers speak, we rarely enunciate every sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.