Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Australia
I am interested to know the most noticable differences between the AusEnglish accent and the Arabic accent (when English is being spoken), as I notice when hearing some of Arabic friends speak, enunciate some consonants compare to the native AusEnglish speaker??

Are there many distinct differences???

Would love to hear from any Arabic who has first hand experiences, or anyone who woulld like to share and enliten all.

Thank you

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I am interested to know the most noticable differences between the AusEnglish accent and the Arabic accent (when English is being spoken), as I notice when hearing some of Arabic friends speak, enunciate some consonants compare to the native AusEnglish speaker??

Are there many distinct differences???

Would love to hear from any Arabic who has first hand experiences, or anyone who woulld like to share and enliten all.

Thank you
I have known several students from Arabic countries at University, and none of them have sounded Australian! But others might hear similarities.
However, your question is far too broad. Which sounds are you talking about? You mention consonants, but there's not a lot of difference between the way any English natives say the consonants (except maybe 't').

ugyen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Australia
I have known several students from Arabic countries at University, and none of them have sounded Australian! But others might hear similarities.
However, your question is far too broad. Which sounds are you talking about? You mention consonants, but there's not a lot of difference between the way any English natives say the consonants (except maybe 't').

Yes, however, what about vowels sounds and the way the australain speak? Surely there will be some different between the two speaker on how they produce the words?, no?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Yes, however, what about vowels sounds and the way the australain speak? Surely there will be some different between the two speaker on how they produce the words?, no?
Sorry, I don't understand this new proposition that you're putting.
I agree that there can be differences between the accents of two speakers. I haven't noticed the vowels of Arabic-speakers to be closer to those of Australian speakers than to, say, Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.