Member Type
Other
Native Language
Hebrew
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
Can we refer to or call someone who is spying as a joker? I kept hearing it at the movie in which they called the spy man a joker.
any idea?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can we refer to or call someone who is spying as a joker? I kept hearing it at the movie in which they called the spy man a joker.
any idea?

Not usually, no! Which film was it?

Calling someone a joker can be a derogatory phrase meaning that you think they're useless, or bad at their job, or just a generally pointless person.

Of course, in the Batman films, The Joker is an actual character, but he's not a spy, so I guess that doesn't help. Sorry.

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Hebrew
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
Not usually, no! Which film was it?

Calling someone a joker can be a derogatory phrase meaning that you think they're useless, or bad at their job, or just a generally pointless person.

Of course, in the Batman films, The Joker is an actual character, but he's not a spy, so I guess that doesn't help. Sorry.

I didn't think so either that it couldn't be translated as a spy, but then I heard a dialog that somehow made me believe it could be the spy.
here is the dialog :

Man 1:the question before the consul now is whether or not he is also zymot's joker?
man2:he has denied any such allegations we've charged
man3:eek:f course he would, who really think he eventually admits to being a spy?

and in the zymont's (enemy) camp , they also call him a joker and not a spy .

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I didn't think so either that it couldn't be translated as a spy, but then I heard a dialog that somehow made me believe it could be the spy.
here is the dialog :

Man 1:the question before the consul now is whether or not he is also zymot's joker?
man2:he has denied any such allegations we've charged
man3:eek:f course he would, who really think he eventually admits to being a spy?

and in the zymont's (enemy) camp , they also call him a joker and not a spy .

Having searched on Google, I think I've established that a "Joker" is the specific term used for spies throughout the animé series, Kiba.

I found this paragraph:

"Very soon after, however, Cloud is attacked by a rather angry Despara, who he holds at bay for the second time. After Despara, who at the time became Jesara, gets killed after being struck by Morocco's blade that had been intended for Roya, Morocco attempts to flee. Cloud however makes quick work of Morocco by delivering a fatal stab through his stomach, effectively killing him. After Roya and Zed return to Templer, Cloud sits by Jesara's side for the last time, because she had been sharing the same body with the now-dead Despara. Afterwards, Cloud returns to Tusk to continue his ways as a Joker."

All through the web page, "Joker" has a capital "J", suggesting that it was the author's idea to call all the spies "Jokers". At the beginning, it says that the series is set in a fictional world where characters are separated into factions and races. It appears the author simply chose to call one of those factions "The Jokers", and they are spies.

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Hebrew
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
Having searched on Google, I think I've established that a "Joker" is the specific term used for spies throughout the animé series, Kiba.

I found this paragraph:

"Very soon after, however, Cloud is attacked by a rather angry Despara, who he holds at bay for the second time. After Despara, who at the time became Jesara, gets killed after being struck by Morocco's blade that had been intended for Roya, Morocco attempts to flee. Cloud however makes quick work of Morocco by delivering a fatal stab through his stomach, effectively killing him. After Roya and Zed return to Templer, Cloud sits by Jesara's side for the last time, because she had been sharing the same body with the now-dead Despara. Afterwards, Cloud returns to Tusk to continue his ways as a Joker."

All through the web page, "Joker" has a capital "J", suggesting that it was the author's idea to call all the spies "Jokers". At the beginning, it says that the series is set in a fictional world where characters are separated into factions and races. It appears the author simply chose to call one of those factions "The Jokers", and they are spies.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.