• Thread starter nihlak
  • Start date
  • Views : 3,266
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nihlak

hello,
i am a student of phoneme who have been taking the class for quite some time now but i have problems with pronouncing the phoneme sound "r" as in words like 'red' 'read',this words are pronounced 'hed' 'yead' i need help in solving this problem of mine.
thanks

bds51

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Germany
Hello Nihlak,
I'd like to help you. Please tell first me how you pronounce 'er' and 'are' and 'roar.' Secondly, when you pronounce these 3 words, tell me where the tip of your tongue is for each one. You can mail me at bdsenglishniche.com.
best wishes
bds51

Williamyh

Member Type
Other
hello,
i am a student of phoneme who have been taking the class for quite some time now but i have problems with pronouncing the phoneme sound "r" as in words like 'red' 'read',this words are pronounced 'hed' 'yead' i need help in solving this problem of mine.
thanks

I really want to help you to correct the pronunciation of "r". Please let me know what your mother language is. This is the key point what I can help you, because some of languages do not have some english sound, so they are very hard to pronounce these words if don't have a proper english spoken training.

Status
Not open for further replies.