• Post Thanks / Like

Post could you please correct my writing?

In this afternoon, I had an enjoyable time with one of my colleague at the university. We discussed many issues together. She told me about her travel to Qatar during this coming period. As for me, I told her about my applying for a new job as a telesales person. Surprised as she was, she asked me to take her to where I applied. Only few moments and she was there to fill the application.

Later on, we both went to a restaurant to have a meal. During eating, I was all ears of what she was saying about her decisions she had taken for this summer vacation and how she will spend her spare time there. Although she doesn’t like traveling for a longtime, she was more interested to go than any past time. And the most surprising thing was she said she will bestow me a gift when she comes back to Cairo. It was the reason behind waking till dawn , thinking of how lucky I have this friend.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: could you please correct my writing?

In the (this) afternoon, I had an enjoyable time with one of my colleague at the university. We discussed many issues together. She told me about her trip/travel to Qatar during last summer/winter this coming period. As for me/On the other hand, I told her about my application (applying) for a new job as a telesales person. (as) She was a bit surprised, and (she) asked me to take her to the place where I applied. Within (Only) a few moments when we reached there (and) she also (was there to) filled her (the) application.

Later on, we both went to a restaurant to have
    food/ (a) meal. While (During) eating, I was listening with rapt attention (all ears of what she was saying about) to her plans (decisions she had taken) for this ensuing summer vacation and how she will spend her spare time there. Although long traveling was not to her liking (she doesn’t like for a), she was more interested in a good past time (to go any past time) than going out. And the most surprising thing told by her was that (she said )she would present (will bestow) me a gift when she comes back to Cairo. It was the reason behind my waking till dawn and thinking (of) how lucky I was to have her as (this) friend.

Delete words in brackets as well as those underlined (not appropriate time indicator) You can use optional words in red where ever given. The text after deletion of words will look like as under:

In the afternoon, I had an enjoyable time with one of my colleague at the university. We discussed many issues together. She told me about her trip/travel to Qatar during last summer/winter. On the other hand, I told her about my application for a new job as a telesales person. She was a bit surprised, and asked me to take her to the place where I applied. Within a few moments when we reached there she also filled her application.

Later on, we both went to a restaurant to have
    food/meal. While eating, I was listening with rapt attention to her plans for this ensuing summer vacation and how she will spend her spare time there. Although long traveling was not to her liking, she was more interested in a good past time than going out. And the most surprising thing told by her was that she would present me a gift when she comes back to Cairo. It was the reason behind my waking till dawn and thinking how lucky I was to have her as friend.