• Post Thanks / Like

Need some help for a cover letter please

Hello everybody,

I'm David, a french student and I'm going to Dublin the next month for a 6 months stay called "personal project".
    I want to apply a job in computing so I tried to write a cover letter but I have nobody to correct it.
    So i'm looking someone to help me.
    Thanks a lot.

Cover letter without the headers :

I am very interested in the position of QA Tester, advertised on jobs.ie.
    I’ll first explain my current situation. I’m going to Dublin in August 2009 until February 2010 before finishing my last six months courses in my engineering school in UTBM and I’m looking for an interesting job to pay my bills during this time.

I am very familiar with your product line because I’m a hardcore gamer since my youth so I have already played your games for many hours.

I have a range of skills and experience to match the position you describe, including:

ˇI’m fluent in French and my English level is good.
    ˇPlaying video games is a hobby and, moreover, working in a gaming company is a kind of dream.
    ˇI’m very supportive and have a good sense of relations thanks to my work experiences like bar tender in a golf club.
    ˇI’ve a very good computing skill no yet certificate in engineering but I have a Bachelor of Arts in computer science.

I am pleased to offer these skills and abilities to a business that provides products that I use regularly. I am confident that I would be able to help improving your products through every aspect of the work and tasks that I undertake.
    Enclosed is my resume for your review. I believe I am an excellent candidate for this role and look forward to meeting with you to discuss this position further.

Yours sincerely

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need some help for a cover letter please

Hello.

I think your ideas are clearly expressed. I'd like to point out three editing areas though:

1. If you are writing a cover letter, I'm afraid you need to use formal style, which means no "I'll" or "I've"; instead use " I will..." or "I have".

2. Leave a space in between the last two paragraphs.

3. If you don't know the name of the reader, closing with "Yours faithfully,"

Good luck

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need some help for a cover letter please

Ok, thanks for your help, i really appreciate that. I'll correct my letter following your advices.

Bye.