fridgefridge is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do I a write a essay of this type?

Instructions: [Hamlet]
    Write a literary essay using the cause and effect pattern.

As has been evident throughout this unit, there is a relationship between dramatic works and their target audience. The social, cultural, and economic values and perspectives of the audience do also influence the themes and interpretations of a text, however.

Select one speech from Act IV and write a cause and effect essay for how it targets its audience. You may choose a target audience of any context or production of the play.

--
    I have NEVER done a type of essay like this, I have done a cause and effect essay but I don't know how I'm supposed to add in target audience information in ADDITION to the cause and effect. Also, I have to make it 700 words approx.
    Can someone explain or help make a format for what the essay would look like? please and thanks!

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How do I a write a essay of this type?

Quote Originally Posted by fridgefridge View Post
    Instructions: [Hamlet]
    Write a literary essay using the cause and effect pattern.

As has been evident throughout this unit, there is a relationship between dramatic works and their target audience. The social, cultural, and economic values and perspectives of the audience do also influence the themes and interpretations of a text, however.

Select one speech from Act IV and write a cause and effect essay for how it targets its audience. You may choose a target audience of any context or production of the play.

--
    I have NEVER done a type of essay like this, I have done a cause and effect essay but I don't know how I'm supposed to add in target audience information in ADDITION to the cause and effect. Also, I have to make it 700 words approx.
    Can someone explain or help make a format for what the essay would look like? please and thanks!
    What is a cause and effect essay? This seems to be something particular to your course. You might have to explain it to get a useful response.

fridgefridge is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

basically the thesis for a cause and effect would be something like:
    as a result of procastination, a student will create unnecessary problems, anxiety and (another effect). then it would explain how in the following subtopics.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fridgefridge View Post
    basically the thesis for a cause and effect would be something like:
    as a result of procastination, a student will create unnecessary problems, anxiety and (another effect). then it would explain how in the following subtopics.
    Then I guess you are meant to imagine a certain type of audience (the cause) and describe how this leads to the director giving a certain type of interpretation to the scene in question (the effect).
    Or even taking the Elizabethan audience with Elizabethan values (the cause), and explaining why Shakespeare wrote the scene the way he did, with the various allusions and metaphors and imagery, etc. (the effect).