Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Michelle:) is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to sound less direct and polite?

Hi Barb D,

Yeah, I think I’m really lucky to have someone who tells me how I sound. Otherwise it would be very difficult to notice those things.
    The ways of saying negative stuff above are the ones I’m not using much and I really need to start using them!!
    I wonder how to learn those things (I’m pretty much self learning.) I’ve been looking for books and websites to learn those things you can say before start talking about something negative. I’m interested in communication, so I’m trying to find books about communication for native English speakers too as well as books for ESL students. Unfortunately I haven’t come across any resources yet. Thanks a lot for your advice!!

Michelle:) is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to sound less direct and polite?

Hi Sarat 106,

Thank you for your advice again!! I really appreciate everyone's help and time to answer my question. I’m very surprised that there are so many ways to say things politely. I know this isn’t true but there’s a myth in Japan (where I’m originally from) that there’s not many polite phrases/words in English!! I really want to explore more of those communication skills and functional phrases. Thank you very much for your help Sarat 106!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12