Thread: My cover letter

Post Thanks / Like

My cover letter

Dear teachers and friends, I am aplying for a job and need your revision and opinion of my cover letter. Thank you.

I am writing in response to your advertisement for the Faculty Position in Spanish at Villarreal Christian University, as advertised in the Jisei Research Career (JREC). I am currently a Ph.D. student in Latin American Studies at the University of Tokyo at the Komaba campus, and will complete my degree in March 2011. I respectfully submit this letter of application, for I believe my experiences and commitment to teaching make me well qualified to meet the needs of Villarreal Christian University’s dynamic program.

Teaching has been an important part of my life training in Peru and Japan, and I believe my background would be useful in your department. I have had considerable teaching experience in several educational levels and types of courses. Those include social science classes at the secondary level in Peru, teacher assistance at the first- and second-year of anthropology classes and discussion sections of the Latin America courses at Utsunomiya University. The latter experience introduced me to the pleasure of working for the Japanese Program of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), not only teaching Spanish classes but also introducing young Japanese to the culture and life of Latin American countries. And recently, accepted as a part- time lecturer of Spanish language at Keio University for the present year 2009.

My cristhian spiritual formation guided me to have adequate and appropriate orientation into the nature of service in a Christian university, and to continue to provide ongoing spiritual guidance and support for the students. Since I am committed to an interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and teaching, and all of my courses are structured with this in mind. Rather than simply lecturing to a class, I strive to cultivate an interactive and communicational environment in which students can express themselves freely while learning to engage with the Spanish language and culture in meaningful ways. I emphasize critical thinking and the need to consider communicational skills within its larger social, historical, and intellectual contexts. Villarreal Christian University takes great pride in its training of young scholars, and I feel that it is my responsibility to uphold these standards and to encourage and challenge students to work up to their potential, in hopes that their experiences in my classes will teach them far more than Spanish language.

I welcome an opportunity to discuss my teaching and future research projects with you. I have enclosed my CV. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Last edited by yrmacita; 24-Jul-2009 at 10:55.

sarat_106 is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My cover letter

Quote Originally Posted by yrmacita View Post
    Dear teachers and friends, I am aplying for a job and need your revision and opinion of my cover letter. Thank you.

I am writing in response to your advertisement in the Jisei Research Career (JREC ), for the Faculty Position in Spanish at Villarreal Christian University, (as advertised). I am currently a Ph.D. student in Latin American Studies at the University of Tokyo at the Komaba campus, and will complete my degree in March 2011. To further my career aspirations of becoming the part of a highly qualified and committed team of faculty members, I want to join. (I respectfully submit this letter of application, for make me well qualified to meet the needs of) the Villarreal Christian University and also contribute to its dynamic program.

I like teaching. Teaching has been an important part of my life training in Peru and Japan. I have also had considerable teaching experience in several educational levels covering different (and) types of courses. Those include social science classes at the secondary level in Peru, teacher assistance at the first- and second-year of anthropology classes and discussion sections of the Latin America courses at Utsunomiya University. The latter experience introduced me to the pleasure of working for the Japanese Program of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), not only teaching Spanish classes but also introducing young Japanese to the culture and life of Latin American countries. And recently, accepted as a part- time lecturer of Spanish language at Keio University for the present year 2009. I believe my background experience andcommitment to teachingwould be useful in your department

My Christian spiritual
    ity (formation) guided me to have adequate and appropriate orientation into the nature of service in a Christian university, and to continue to provide ongoing spiritual guidance and support for the students. Since I am dedicated (committed) to an interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and teaching, (and) all of my courses are structured with this in mind. Rather than simply lecturing to a class, I strive to cultivate an interactive and communicational environment in which students can express themselves freely while learning to engage with the Spanish language and culture in meaningful ways. The emphasis of my teaching is based on (I emphasize) critical thinking and the need to enhance (consider) communicational skills within its larger social, historical, and intellectual contexts. Villarreal Christian University takes great pride in its training of young scholars, and I feel that it will be (is) my prime duty and responsibility to uphold this great tradition. (these standards) andto go a step further to encourage (and challenge) the students to work up beyond the teaching lessons in realizing their full potential. (in hopes that their experiences in my classes will teach them far more than Spanish language).
    I welcome an opportunity to discuss my teaching and future research projects with you.
    In enclosing herewith ( have enclosed) my CV, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerly yours.

Delete words underlined in brackets. Some of the stated facts have been shifted to appropriate position

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: My cover letter

Thank you very much sarat_106, it helped me a lot ! Now my cover letter looks better!: