• Post Thanks / Like

Please help me write these letters- I am not doing a good job

Hello Everyone,

I am new here but I pray there is someone here that can help me. I am in the process of coordinating a cake convention. I am at the point where I need to start inviting guest such as celebrities to give demonstrations and classes, people to judge the competitions, and sponsors that I hope to sponsor the event. I need to write three separate letters but I am at a lost for words.

To the celeb guest:

Hello

My name is -----. I am happy to inform you that the first semi annual cake competition will be held in Baltimore at ----- on August 13, 2009. I am writing to request your attendance at this event. I would like for you to come and either give a demonstration as well as judge a competion. It would be a great honor to have you at this event. I understand you have a very busy schedule but you are one of the reasons why so many of us decided to go into this business and it would be great if you could attend to help kick off what is going to be a great event. I understand that you may have certain requirements and/or expenses that would need to be covered for you to attend this event. If you are willing to attend please forward me all information and requirements so that I may hold this date with you. Thank you for your consideration.

P.S.

Feel free to check out the website at www.-------- for more information on the event.

Sincerly

--------

Letter to judges

Hello

My name is -----. I am happy to inform you that the first semi annual cake competition will be held in Baltimore at ----- on August 13, 2009. I am writing to request your attendance at this event. I am in need of judges for this event and I feel you would be the perfect candidate for this position. I know your credentials make you qualified to judge such a competition and pay attention to details and such. I am hoping that you will be able to attend. If you are would you please forward me your requirements to judge such an event.

If I receive your confirmation I will forward you all details such as judging criteria, list of the rules and regulations and etc.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

----------

With the letter to the sponsors and vendors I wouldn't even know where to start. I already figured out what packes to offer and how to format it. I have no idea how to write the letter to make it look attractive so that they would want to sponsor the event. Should it be something that is long and more detailed? or should it be straight to the point ( This is event is going to be huge! First of it's kind in this city and you need to jump on board because the earning potential for your company would be more then benefitial to you.)

I obviously don't know what i'm talking about. It is embarassing how horrible I am at writing letters. For some reason when it comes to writing letters it is impossible for me to get what I want to say down on paper.

Would someone please help me. I have a deadline of August 1st to know who's coming, who's not and etc. and if I can't get these letters out then I guess i'm screwed.

Thank you all in advance. I really appreciate it.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Please help me write these letters- I am not doing a good job

I think your writing is basically good, but if you could make some improvement, it will be easier to read.
    1. you know the guest's name, address him/her with the family name with title.
    2. Use more paragraphs for better layout.

I've given some revisions on the first letter. I'm sure you can do the rest.

Good luck

To the celeb guest:

Hello

My name is -----. I am happy to inform you that the first semi annual cake competition will be held in Baltimore at ----- on August 13, 2009. I am writing to request your attendance at this event.

It would be a great honor to have you at this event. We would likefor you to come and either give a demonstration as well as or judge a competion. (Do you want the guest do both or either one?)

I understand you have a very busy schedule but you are one of the reasons why so many of us decided to go into this business and it would be great if you could attend to help kick off what is going to be a great event.

I understand that you may have certain requirements and/or expenses that would need to be covered for you to attend this event. (Here I wonder if you already know what to cover for your guest. It may be helpful to let them know the possible allowance, if it is possible.)

If you are willing to attend please forward me all information and requirements so that I may hold this date with you.

Thank you for your consideration. [COLOR="blue"I am looking forward to your soonest reply. [/COLOR]

P.S.

Feel free to check out the website at www.-------- for more information on the event.

Sincerly

--------

Letter to judges

Hello

My name is -----. I am happy to inform you that the first semi annual cake competition will be held in Baltimore at ----- on August 13, 2009. I am writing to request your attendance at this event. I am in need of judges for this event and I feel you would be the perfect candidate for this position. I know your credentials make you qualified to judge such a competition and pay attention to details and such. I am hoping that you will be able to attend. If you are would you please forward me your requirements to judge such an event.

If I receive your confirmation I will forward you all details such as judging criteria, list of the rules and regulations and etc.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

----------

With the letter to the sponsors and vendors I wouldn't even know where to start. I already figured out what packes to offer and how to format it. I have no idea how to write the letter to make it look attractive so that they would want to sponsor the event. Should it be something that is long and more detailed? or should it be straight to the point ( This is event is going to be huge! First of it's kind in this city and you need to jump on board because the earning potential for your company would be more then benefitial to you.)

I obviously don't know what i'm talking about. It is embarassing how horrible I am at writing letters. For some reason when it comes to writing letters it is impossible for me to get what I want to say down on paper.

Would someone please help me. I have a deadline of August 1st to know who's coming, who's not and etc. and if I can't get these letters out then I guess i'm screwed.

Thank you all in advance. I really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by rocking; 25-Jul-2009 at 12:21.