• Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Default get up early or stay up late

Some people prefer to get up early in the morning and start the day ’s work. Others prefer to get up later in the day and work until late at night. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Although some people prefer to stay awake late at night and work, I think that getting up early in the morning is better. Imagine that you get up early in the morning, do exercises, have breakfast and then work hard, is it wonderful?

To start with, getting up early in the morning is good for your health.The morning air contains more oxygen. It lowers your blood pressure and releases the harmful carbon-dioxide.Furthermore, you can do morning exercises to release the energy and activate your body. I would like to go swimming or jog along the street. It make me feel happy and easy to start a new day.

What’s more, some people get fear at night, especially children. They believe that there are freaks or ghosts appearing at the midnight. That belief prevent them from concentrating on their work. Therefore I think those people should not work late at night because they can easily have nightmares.

Finally, getting up early in the morning is good for your work. In the morning, your mind is fresh and you can easily remember everything. For example, my sister is a student. She wakes up at 5:00 in the morning and learn her lessons. She feel it easy to do her exercises which she has to learn by heart.

Thus, I would prefer to get up early in the morning than stay up late at night because it makes me feel healthy, happy and easy to start a day’s work.

Please help me check my essay and score it.
    Last edited by san2612; 26-Jul-2009 at 04:38.

sarat_106 is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: get up early or stay up late

Quote Originally Posted by san2612 View Post
    Some people prefer to get up early in the morning and start the day ’s work. Others prefer to get up later in the day and work until late at night. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Although some people prefer to stay awake late at night and work, I think that getting up early in the morning is good for success/ better. Imagine that you get up early in the morning, do some exercise (s), have breakfast and then work hard, is not it wonderful? So goes the saying "Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise,"

To start with, getting up early in the morning is good for your health. The morning air is fresh and contains more oxygen. It lowers your blood pressure and releases the harmful carbon-dioxide. Furthermore, you can do morning exercise (s) to release the energy and activate your body. I would like to go for swimming or jogging along the street. It makes me feel happy and cheerful/easy to start a new day.

What’s more, some people get afraid/fear at night, especially children. They believe that there are freaks or ghosts appearing at the midnight. That belief prevent them from concentrating on their work. Therefore I think those people should not work late at night because they can easily have recurring nightmares.

Finally, getting up early in the morning is good for your work. In the morning, your mind is fresh and you can easily remember everything. For example, my sister is a student. She wakes up at 5:00 in the morning and learns her lessons. She feels it easy to do her exercises which she has to get/learn by heart.

Thus, I would prefer to get up early in the morning than stay up late (at night) because it makes me feel healthy, happy and easy to start a day’s work.

Please help me check my essay and score it.
    A good write-up having few grammatical mistakes. Delete the words in brackets. I have only added/suggested some alternative words/expressions to make it more meaningful/expressive. I would rate this as very good.
    Please note Exercise (game/sport) is uncountable and always singular, where as exercises (test for student’s skill/knowledge) is countable

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: get up early or stay up late

I've seen people who stay up late and then get up early morning. It's not good for health because the body needs proper rest. Because of this unhealthy schedule people do gain weight too.
    Last edited by Barb_D; 12-Dec-2009 at 13:44.

san2612 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

In that essay, I advocate the viewpoint that getting up early is better than staying up late:
    "Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise," (the sentence added in red by the teacher)
    not both stay up late and get up early morning.

Trance Freak is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Tunisia
      • Current Location:
      • Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: get up early or stay up late

Quote Originally Posted by san2612 View Post
    In that essay, I advocate the viewpoint that getting up early is better than staying up late:
    "Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise," (the sentence added in red by the teacher)
    not both stay up late and get up early morning.
    what if you were one of those who stayed up late , still woke up real early in the morning without feeling K.O. ?

san2612 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Freak View Post
    what if you were one of those who stayed up late , still woke up real early in the morning without feeling K.O. ?
    I'lll try to stay up rather late or wake up early morning to complete my work. It is better for my health.