golbut is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Can somebody check it form me, please ASAP

I have to write a letter to a college, why I wish to do the course.

I arrived to the United Kingdom five years ago. First two years I just worked in a warehouse and was quite about life which i leaded. However, one day I realized myself that with good education I could do more intresting an ambitious job. The only one problem was my broken english.

In September 2006 I enroled on a english for speakers of other languages course at South Ceshire College. I started my english education from Entry 3 and this year I have completed the course with level 2 certificate.

So now when I achived good level of english languageis is time applied for futher education. Although before applying at an university I would like to be more familiar with the english system of education and gain knowledge to study particulary subject at an University. Hence I have choosen course Access to higher education. This course not only let me develop knowledge neccesary for the higher education but also let me improving my english.

I left my school in Poland at age of 18. The diplom which I recived does not allow me to study at an university. As far as I know most of the Universities in the United kingdom recognize the Access to higher education diploma.

Applying for the course is a huge step forward in my education and I reckon the course the most apropriate for me from all courses which the college offers.

wise owl is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can somebody check it form me, please ASAP

[QUOTE=golbut;497404]I have to write a letter to a college, why I wish to do the course.

I arrived to the United Kingdom five years ago. During the first two years I worked in a warehouse and was quite content with my life. However, one day I realized that a good education can open new possibilities of an interesting and ambitious job for me. The only problem was my poor English.

In September 2006 I enrolled on a English as a second language course at South Cheshire (check the spelling of the name) College. I started my English studies from Entry 3 and in this year I completed the course with level 2 certificate.

Having improved my English, I feel that now is the right time to apply for further education. Although before applying to a university I would like to become more familiar with the English system of education and gain knowledge to study particular subject at a University. Hence I have chosen course Access to higher education. This course will not only provide the knowledge necessary for higher education, but will also help me improve my English.

I gaduated High School in Poland at age of 18. The diploma, which I received is not sufficiant to study at a university. As far as I know most of the Universities in the United kingdom recognize the Access to higher education diploma. (the meaning of this sentence is not clear to me)

Applying for the course is a huge step forward in my education and I reckon this course as the most appropriate among all available courses in the college.

Sincerely yours,
    name and signature