-no.Hi all, I am doing an online tefl course and I have some questions and answers would like to check before I submit. Any help is greatly appreachiated as I need to get a minimum mark to pass.
Please indicate whether or not each sentence uses auxiliary verbs.
1. I went to Japan last year. (NO) -went simple past -no main verb
2. I have visited Japan. (NO) -have visited, present perfect - have is an auxiliary or helping verb if you prefer.
3. I studied hard at university. (NO) - one verb and no auxialiary
4. Can you lend me £5? (YES)- can helping verb
5. Do I have to? (YES)- do helping verb
6. You are a wonderful singer. (NO)- one verb no helping verb
7. I used to be a wonderful singer. (YES) -no
8. You must think hard about this question. (YES)-yes you have a modal must
9. Martin likes to sleep in on his days off. (NO)-ok
10. Did you sleep well last night? (NO)-yes did auxialiary
11. Where did you hide it? (NO)
12. ChloŽ wants it now. (NO)- ok there is only one verb
13. Have you ever wondered how the universe began? (YES)
14. You ought to be more careful. (YES)-ok
15. Could you give me a hand? (YES)-yes modal
16. James often plays his guitar and sings his own songs.(YES)
Have a nice day.