Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Guess!

  1. #1
    Dawood Usmani's Avatar
    Dawood Usmani is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Guess!

    Can you think of a word that has all the vowels in it? How many can you think of?

  2. #2
    Raymott's Avatar
    Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Guess!

    Quote Originally Posted by dawoodusmani View Post
    Can you think of a word that has all the vowels in it? How many can you think of?
    Do they have to be in order, like 'facetious' or 'abstemious'?

  3. #3
    Dawood Usmani's Avatar
    Dawood Usmani is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Guess!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    Do they have to be in order, like 'facetious' or 'abstemious'?
    You're smart! No, they don't have to be in order. Can you think of some more?

  4. #4
    Raymott's Avatar
    Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Guess!

    Quote Originally Posted by dawoodusmani View Post
    You're smart! No, they don't have to be in order. Can you think of some more?
    Maybe someone can be really smart and come up with the vowels in the reverse order.
    I don't think there are any. The closest I can come is 'duopitheca' which is a rare (mythical) variant of the pre-human Pithecanthropos, like 'Lucy', the australopithecus - only this one has two heads.

  5. #5
    Dawood Usmani's Avatar
    Dawood Usmani is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Guess!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    Maybe someone can be really smart and come up with the vowels in the reverse order.
    I don't think there are any. The closest I can come is 'duopitheca' which is a rare (mythical) variant of the pre-human Pithecanthropos, like 'Lucy', the australopithecus - only this one has two heads.
    How about 'education'?
    Can you think of some that include 'y'?

  6. #6
    Raymott's Avatar
    Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Guess!

    Quote Originally Posted by dawoodusmani View Post
    How about 'education'?
    Can you think of some that include 'y'?
    Well, 'facetiously' and 'abstemiously', again if you want them in order.

Similar Threads

  1. Guess! whom I'tm talking?
    By jayan12 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-Mar-2009, 15:39
  2. [Idiom] Your guess is as good as mine
    By Olympian in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-Jan-2009, 09:31
  3. it is my guess
    By bosun in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-Aug-2008, 17:44
  4. Could you guess
    By piousoul in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-Jul-2007, 16:39
  5. guess...
    By nautes20 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-Dec-2004, 08:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Hotchalk