pinklemon is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post resume and cover letter

Hello everybody!! I'm Francesca, I come from Italy and I live in Sydney at the moment.
    I'm going to apply for an Internship program offered by TAFE sydney.
    I will need a resume and a cover letter.
    I would appreciate any suggestion.
    Thank you
    (I've removed my personal details and referee's for privacy reasons)

RESUME

Professional Profile summary

Several years studying arts and industrial design as well as customer service experience, specifically in the retail and hospitality industry. Well organised self-starter with strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Able to adapt easily to various situations and can work either as part of a team or independently as required.

I have an ongoing passion for arts and design.
    My communication skills in English are highly proficient, and I continue to improve my language skills with private tuition.
    Currently I am in Australia with a working holiday visa that allows me to work full time, part time or casual for 12 months.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Employment History

May 09 – present MondoPiadina
    Position: Casual cashier in food festivals (various locations in Sydney and surrounds)
    ·Organize orders
    ·Communicate with cooking staff
    ·Deal with high traffic of costumers

Jan 09 – present Italian Tutions
    Position: Private tutor
    ·Teaching beginning and intermediate Italian
    ·Preparing reading, writing and speaking lessons
    ·Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the students

Dec 08 – June 09 Passeggio
    Passeggio is an espresso bar-restaurant in North Sydney
    Position: Barista and waitress
    ·Inform customers of daily specials.
    ·Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
    ·Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
    ·Operate with the coffee machine

Apr 08 – Sept 08 La Rinascente
    La Rinascente is the most prestigious shopping centre in Milan, Italy
    Position: customer service representative
    ·Assist with visual merchandising to maximize sales
    ·Deal with high traffic of customers
    ·Assist with stock control procedures
    ·Provided a high level of customer service, developing and maintaining strong relationships with the customers

Dec 07- Jan 08 Gusella
    Designer children’s wear, including footwear and clothing
    Position: Christmas casual: customer service representative
    ·Provided a high level of customer service and efficiency
    ·Working in a team environment to provide all customers with the ultimate shopping experience with high end children’s wear

2007 Esterni
    Esterni is a non-profit organisation involved in many different branches of culture, art and communication
    Position: casual voluntary food and beverage attendant for the Milano Film Festival
    ·Serving refreshments to patrons from around the world
    ·Prepare and set up equipment for service each night
    ·Restock and replenish refreshments

Education

Year Institution Level

Sep 08 Australian Catholic University Certificate of General English completed, advanced level
    2007 Corsi regionali Milano 2 weeks full time courses in:
    3D studio max-basic, 3D studio max-advanced,
    AutoCAD 2D/3D basic, AutoCAD 2D/3D advanced
    Photoshop CS, Illustrator Logo and brand design.
    2004-2008 Politecnico Di Milano, Studied Design, presently having a break in my studies for at least one year

Computer Knowledge

Microsoft Office: Word, Power Point.
    Design software: Photoshop cs, Illustrator cs, Freehand, AutoCad 2D-3D, 3D studio Max.
    Proficient in using the internet as a tool for research.

Other skills

Touch Typing: 40wpm.
    Languages spoken: Italian (native speaker), English (Intermediate to advanced level)

Interests and hobbies

Drawing, socializing and meeting new people, handcrafts, internet

COVER LETTER

Dear Sir/Madame

I am writing to apply for a Graphic Design Internship position offered by the TAFE college for international students.
    My ability to contribute to your projects and desire to learn from this experience make me an enthusiastic applicant.
    As a student at Polytechnic of Milan, I am studying Industrial and product design.
    During the years of my education I understood that my main passion is in graphic design, particularly illustration.
    My course background includes work in two-dimensional design, three-dimensional design, drawing and printing.
    An internship experience could add the practical skills that I need to the theoretical ones that I have gained in the University.

As you will note by the enclosed resume, I don’t have any experience in the field of graphic design, however I have been doing extra-academic courses in which I had the opportunity to meet professional designers and clients.
    Through this interaction, I have realized the value of communication in translating a client’s ideas into a visual product. I would welcome the chance to improve and make practical the skills and knowledge I have gained to a position in your company.

I am a social person and I enjoy work by myself as well as in a good team.
    In my studies I have learnt how to manage and organize a small team to create a proficient work.

I would like to work in an organisation specialized in two-dimensional, packaging, illustration, pre-press (and so on) design.
    I wish to achieve in this internship the work skills and the experience that I might need in my future carrier and studies.
    I look forward to speaking with you to discuss my qualifications and the possibility of an interview.
    Please feel free to contact me at the mobile number ----------- or EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead if you have additional questions.

Yours faithfully

pinklemon is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: resume and cover letter

nobody?I need it in a few days...:(