Spark is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Please correct the paragraph

I had been finding ways to improve my grammar, looking for a fast and easy way to improve my grammar. I had been reading newspaper all day long yet i my grammar is still not up to the standard, i stay in Singapore and my first language is mandarin normally i speak mandarin at home and english is my second language. I do speak english all the time and while come to english writing i always miss out some words that need to be use to form a proper sentence and everytime it sound so weird.

csheywood is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please correct the paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I had have been finding ways to improve my grammar, looking for a fast and easy way to improve my grammar to achieve this. Try not to repeat the same phrase if you can. I had have been reading newspapers all day long; yet i my grammar is still not up to the standard, i stay in Singapore to standard. I live in Singapore and my first language is mandarin normally i speak mandarin Mandarin. I normally speak Mandarin* at home and english English * is my second language. I do speak english* all the time and while come to english* writing i* always miss out some words that need to be used to form a proper sentence and everytime it sound so weird. sentence, and it always sounds so weird.
    A good try - a few points for punctuation:
    * I is always with a capital letter, even if it's not at the beginning of a sentence. Also, use a capital letter for nationalities: I am English. I read Mandarin books.

We need to use commas to separate ideas for the reader. If we don't use them it can be difficult to follow the ideas in a sentence.

live or stay? Stay is used for situations like holidays and temporary places eg. I am staying in that hotel; they are staying with their friends.