Thread: Check my resume

HappyD1717 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Check my resume

I just graduated and haven't worked in two years and even those were minor jobs (sports seasons). I don't even have the numbers or address to those former employers anymore. So give me grace, I basically have no experience.

My Name
    -My address-
    -My phone-
    -My email-
    Objective

Iím loyal, hard working and excited to learn and gain new skills. Iím out going and love people.

Education

Xxxxxx High School graduate.

Courses taken

-Business classes (business math and entrepreneurship)
    -Computers (computer literate)

Positions Held

-Baby sitter 2008
    -Concession stand manager, "company name", "managers names", seasonal operation 2006-2007

Volunteer

Volunteered several times at my Church as a youth volunteer. I also spent the last year of high school as an aid or assistant to my teacher.

References

I donít have any references what can I put here?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Check my resume

Quote Originally Posted by HappyD1717 View Post
    I just graduated and haven't worked in two years and even those were minor jobs (sports seasons). I don't even have the numbers or address to those former employers anymore. So give me grace, I basically have no experience.

My Name
    -My address-
    -My phone-
    -My email-
    Objective

I’m loyal, hard working and excited to learn and gain new skills. I’m outgoing and love people.

Education

Courses taken

Positions Held

-Baby sitter 2008
    -Concession stand manager, "company name", "managers names", seasonal operation 2006-2007

Volunteer

Volunteered several times at my Church as a youth volunteer. I also spent the last year of high school as an aid or assistant to my teacher.

References

I don’t have any references what can I put here?
    Well for starters I can tell you that you should change the objective. The objective is supposed to state what you want - meaning the job you are applying for or the kind of job you are looking for. You have described the kind of worker you are and threw in a little bit about your personality. Your personality will speak for itself at the job interview. So I wouldn't include this: I’m out going and love people.

Also, I don't think using a word like "excited" would go over very well.

Let's start with your objective. Rewrite it, we'll get that done, and then move on to the rest of your resume. How's that sound?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Check my resume

Quote Originally Posted by HappyD1717 View Post

My Name
    -My address-
    -My phone-
    -My email-
    Objective

Iím loyal, hard working and excited to learn and gain new skills. Iím out going and love people.

Education

Courses taken

Positions Held

-Baby sitter 2008

Volunteer

References

I donít have any references what can I put here?

Yes, you do have references. Call the concession stand owner. Talk to the people at the church where you volunteered. Call the teacher you worked with in your last year of high school. All of these people are references. I'll bet you you even have more possibilities, but just haven't thought of them. What about character references? You know people from your church that are not your friends, but who know you well enough to be a character reference. Think, and use your imagination.

So, here's where we are: rewrite your objective and call some people to ask them if you can list them as references. And by way, don't list your references on your resume. Write: References are availalbe upon request. When you go on an interview, print out your list of references and have it ready. You just need about three or maybe four references. Also, keep your references stored in your computer, ready to email them upon request.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Check my resume

[QUOTE=HappyD1717;500113]I just graduated and haven't worked in two years and even those were minor jobs (sports seasons). I don't even have the numbers or address to those former employers anymore. [QUOTE]

If you don't have them, then you have to find out how to get them. Do you remember the names of the businesses and the towns they are in? Do you remember anyone's first and last name? Call 411. Do a Google search. I think you can find out how to contact at least two of these people.

HappyD1717 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Check my resume

Thanks for all the advise I have been stressing out over this, all input is appreciated thank you.