Post Thanks / Like

Question Crossing fingers... can anyone check my writing?

I have been interviewed today for a new job prospective and I am answering to the agency which provided me the today interview. Can you check my writing please?

Hello Melissa,

First of all thank you for your patience today in chasing me on the telephone. Very much appreciated and hope to return the favour one day in the future.

I have just read your e-mail now and fortunately I saw their web site when you sent me the previous e-mail so I was prepared to approach the today interview with Mike White.

So, my fingers are crossed, I will sleep on my wooden ground tonight just to be sure that the wood is touched and, please, cross fingers for me you too.

I hope to hear good news from you soon.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crossing fingers... can anyone check my writing?

Quote Originally Posted by SunMoon View Post
    I have been interviewed today for a new job prospective and I am answering to the agency which provided me the today interview. Can you check my writing please?

Hello Melissa,

First of all thank you for your patience today in contacting me on the telephone. Very much appreciated and hope to return the favour one day in the future.

I have just read your e-mail
    now and fortunately I had seen their web site after you sent me the previous e-mail so I was prepared for the interview with Mike White today.

So, my fingers are crossed, I will sleep on my wooden ground tonight just to be sure that the wood is touched and, please,
    you too keep your fingers crossedfor me

I hope to hear good news from you soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Crossing fingers... can anyone check my writing?

Thank you for your help Anglika.

Just two questions more about my writing.

I used chasing instead of contacting because the agency called me this morning to confirm the interview but my mobile was unreachable so she tried six times without success, until I checked my voice mail box and found out her message to call back her. Is it correct chasing in this case?

The second question is about the word now. I used that because after she tried to call me six times today she sent me an e-mail hoping me to be able to read that but unfortunately I was not able to do that.So I wrote now to specify that since when she sent the e-mail I have just read the e-mail now. Does it work?

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crossing fingers... can anyone check my writing?

Quote Originally Posted by SunMoon View Post
    Thank you for your help Anglika.

Just two questions more about my writing.

I used chasing instead of contacting because the agency called me this morning to confirm the interview but my mobile was unreachable so she tried six times without success, until I checked my voice mail box and found out her message to call back her. Is it correct chasing in this case?

With that explanation, "chasing" makes sense.

The second question is about the word now. I used that because after she tried to call me six times today she sent me an e-mail hoping me to be able to read that but unfortunately I was not able to do that.So I wrote now to specify that since when she sent the e-mail I have just read the e-mail now. Does it work? I do not think you need both "just" and "now". Either makes sense,

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Crossing fingers... can anyone check my writing?

THANK YOU INDEED!