Results 1 to 6 of 6

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 2,036
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    English for Specific Purposes

    I used this list to help make a list of pronunciation practice words for a student who is a chemist.

    Chemistry Vocabulary - Common chemistry terms explained

    Does anyone know of any other lists that would apply to teaching English for specific purposes?

  1. csheywood's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 136
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: English for Specific Purposes

    Quote Originally Posted by PROESL View Post

    Does anyone know of any other lists that would apply to teaching English for specific purposes?
    You might find some of the lists on this link useful:
    English for Work | EnglishClub.com
    There is a good list for health-care terms, to begin with - many of the words are those used by both health care professionals and the average person.


    • Join Date: Aug 2009
    • Posts: 1
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: English for Specific Purposes

    Hi,

    Thanks. Nice it's a glossary. I want a glossary list of hospitality and tourism management. If anyone know about this please share with me.


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,448
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: English for Specific Purposes

    Quote Originally Posted by jamescraig View Post
    Hi,

    Thanks. Nice it's a glossary. I want a glossary list of hospitality and tourism management. If anyone know about this please share with me.

    Sometimes Googling is the first thing to do: glossary tourism hotel - Google Search

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

    • Join Date: Jun 2009
    • Posts: 1,512
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: English for Specific Purposes

    Quote Originally Posted by csheywood View Post
    You might find some of the lists on this link useful:
    English for Work | EnglishClub.com
    There is a good list for health-care terms, to begin with - many of the words are those used by both health care professionals and the average person.
    Interesting. It is a pity however they do not have an "English for physicist" or an "English for mathematician" page.


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,448
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: English for Specific Purposes

    Quote Originally Posted by ymnisky View Post
    Interesting. It is a pity however they do not have an "English for physicist" or an "English for mathematician" page.
    English glossary of translations - Terms and definitions in various fields

Similar Threads

  1. [Grammar] don't sign nothing
    By Unregistered in forum Frequently Asked Questions
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 04-Jun-2010, 02:25
  2. learning english for specific purposes
    By fareh in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-Dec-2008, 18:16
  3. How does an English club in your area work?
    By sympathy in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-Nov-2008, 15:19
  4. What is an english corner?
    By Guest in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-Oct-2008, 01:20
  5. Is it right?
    By Genrikh in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-Dec-2005, 16:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •