Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    twilit1988 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

    "I'm at the dam." OR "I'm at dam"

    My respected teacher

    1: "I'm at the dam." OR "I'm at dam"
    2: "Money will be saved to your account." OR "Money will be saved in your account."

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "I'm at the dam." OR "I'm at dam"

    Quote Originally Posted by twilit1988 View Post
    My respected teacher

    1: "I'm at the dam." OR "I'm at dam"
    2: "Money will be saved to your account." OR "Money will be saved in your account."

    Thanks in advance!
    1. 'I am at the dam' (you obviously didn't believe me when I told you this before)
    2. Either is ok depending on context.

  3. #3
    konungursvia's Avatar
    konungursvia is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,832
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "I'm at the dam." OR "I'm at dam"

    I can confirm Bhaisahab is correct. Doubting Thomases!

  4. #4
    twilit1988 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "I'm at the dam." OR "I'm at dam"

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    1. 'I am at the dam' (you obviously didn't believe me when I told you this before)
    2. Either is ok depending on context.
    Sorry - You are my teacher.I believe what you teach me.
    That time, I asked about the ''river'' so I thought maybe it would be different for ''dam''

    I'm curious to know about your username.

    ''Bhai'' means ''brother'' in Urdu/Hindi
    ''Sahab'' is used to call someone respectivily''

  5. #5
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "I'm at the dam." OR "I'm at dam"

    Quote Originally Posted by twilit1988 View Post
    Sorry - You are my teacher.I believe what you teach me.
    That time, I asked about the ''river'' so I thought maybe it would be different for ''dam''

    I'm curious to know about your username.

    ''Bhai'' means ''brother'' in Urdu/Hindi
    ''Sahab'' is used to call someone respectivily''
    I lived and worked in India (Rajasthan) for three years and I visit India very often. During the time that I worked there, my younger colleagues called me Bhaisahab and my wife Bhabhiji. I have many friends in India.

  6. #6
    twilit1988 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "I'm at the dam." OR "I'm at dam"

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    I lived and worked in India (Rajasthan) for three years and I visit India very often. During the time that I worked there, my younger colleagues called me Bhaisahab and my wife Bhabhiji. I have many friends in India.
    Oh That's nice to hear...

    Thank you!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-May-2009, 16:41
  2. "I'm going" or "I'm going to go"
    By mrlanguage in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-May-2007, 07:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •