• Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Connected Speech and Liazion

I understand that there are certain rules to connected speech, ex elision. assimilation, etc..

I would like to know are these rules/patterns for connected speech same in English Accent and American Accent.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Connected Speech and Liazion

Quote Originally Posted by anupumh View Post
    I understand that there are certain rules to connected speech, ex elision. assimilation, etc..

I would like to know are these rules/patterns for connected speech same in English Accent and American Accent.
    I think it's possible to find that many patterns are the same or similar, but we'd also see that there are differences.

I would not be able to compare the two styles of English in this way. It would be quite a task to do so, and though I hear British English in the media from time to time, I am not nearly familiar enough with it to really make any noteworthy comparisons.

anupumh is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Connected Speech and Liazion

Quote Originally Posted by PROESL View Post
    I think it's possible to find that many patterns are the same or similar, but we'd also see that there are differences.

I would not be able to compare the two styles of English in this way. It would be quite a task to do so, and though I hear British English in the media from time to time, I am not nearly familiar enough with it to really make any noteworthy comparisons.

Thank you very much. I have noticed that you provide elaborate and extensive answers to the queries posted by various users. And I should acknowledge and appreciate your effort and time. Thanks again.