• very unuseful

1 11.11%
  • dmitch your a legend!

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up CELTA ASSIGNMENT HELP

HI Guys,
    I am on week four of CELTA and all my work has been passed to above standard. That was the gloating part...I want to share. I never knew how good this course was going to be. It is a challenge but if you go with an open mind and as I did without a clue then you will cope much better than those who have done a wappin amount of research and panicked themselves.

My top rule for TP- If you are enjoying what you are teaching then your students are liklely to enjoy it! Be relaxed and always plan for 10mins less than your scheduled slot (talking about pre-intermed. here) as time runs quick.

I passed all the assignments and passed with fantastic comments. I am not going to give you them but for the second assignment:

HEADINGS
    (1)
    Student Identification- Name & level of class
    Student Background and Motivation
    Student Learner Style
    Summary- How these factors affect chosen student learning.

(2)
    Learner needs
    My students percieves his/her needs to be .....

DO YOU AGREE?-refer to your self assessment grid.

(3)
    Areas for development (take from writing, interview and observations)

Issue-
    Suggestion-
    Rationale-

*always relate to interview or writing task
    * rational can be bizzare, I recommended my student to join a book group as he liked reading and wanted to develop listening skills. Ratinal was to give him acontrolled reading experience and be prepared for talking in a group on specific topic.

Summary and Recommendation
    - Brownie points as shows you are looking at your students future outside your course.

==================================================
    task 3

relate your task to the group you have taught the most
    make the topic relevant to the median age group
    Use Scrivener(2005) top-down reading model (can be used for listening to) - seriously, use a model like this and then use it to justify your lesson plan. In the justification analyse the other skills. If students get to read and work on answers together- listening, reading, reading, listening through gist and skim!

=I had taught my class Crime and Punishment from English File and carried this assignment as a follow on. I maniulated class what I knew the class had been taught... 'I have selected this reading task as I previously taught C&P and therefore I feel that this is a natural progression for them.' The text was more indepth, focusing on knife crime. Follow this with rationale- I am aware of student abilty and how they thrive on fact that affect them .....

If you do need any more info or support drop me a line

david
    Last edited by dmitch; 13-Aug-2009 at 22:35. Reason: wrote in the dark and my T is sticky!!!

• Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: CELTA ASSIGNMENT HELP

Quote Originally Posted by dmitch View Post
    HI Guys,
    I am on week four of CELTA and all my work has been passed to above standard. That was the gloating part...I want to share. I never knew how good this course was going to be. It is a challenge but if you go with an open mind and as I did without a clue then you will cope much better than those who have done a wappin amount of research and panicked themselves.

My top rule for TP- If you are enjoying what you are teaching then your students are liklely to enjoy it! Be relaxed and always plan for 10mins less than your scheduled slot (talking about pre-intermed. here) as time runs quick.

I passed all the assignments and passed with fantastic comments. I am not going to give you them but for the second assignment:

HEADINGS
    (1)
    Student Identification- Name & level of class
    Student Background and Motivation
    Student Learner Style
    Summary- How these factors affect chosen student learning.

(2)
    Learner needs
    My students percieves his/her needs to be .....

DO YOU AGREE?-refer to your self assessment grid.

(3)
    Areas for development (take from writing, interview and observations)

Issue-
    Suggestion-
    Rationale-

*always relate to interview or writing task
    * rational can be bizzare, I recommended my student to join a book group as he liked reading and wanted to develop listening skills. Ratinal was to give him acontrolled reading experience and be prepared for talking in a group on specific topic.

Summary and Recommendation
    - Brownie points as shows you are looking at your students future outside your course.

==================================================
    task 3

relate your task to the group you have taught the most
    make the topic relevant to the median age group
    Use Scrivener(2005) top-down reading model (can be used for listening to) - seriously, use a model like this and then use it to justify your lesson plan. In the justification analyse the other skills. If students get to read and work on answers together- listening, reading, reading, listening through gist and skim!

=I had taught my class Crime and Punishment from English File and carried this assignment as a follow on. I maniulated class what I knew the class had been taught... 'I have selected this reading task as I previously taught C&P and therefore I feel that this is a natural progression for them.' The text was more indepth, focusing on knife crime. Follow this with rationale- I am aware of student abilty and how they thrive on fact that affect them .....

If you do need any more info or support drop me a line

david
    Hi David
    this is my first week in the course.Some schools have different lesson plan format and we haven't started on them yet..Wanted to find out what are the books that really come of help in TP?
    many thnks
    sherie

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: CELTA ASSIGNMENT HELP

Hi,

Use the Scrivener book and to be honest the tp theory should be taught before you teach. For instance they will tell you how they want READING done and which formula to use-

For reading

Do warmer/intoduce material via context story/skim for gist- basic details/scan for detail- specific questions to be answered. Allow students to do each part individually and then get them to work in pairs and then discuss as group-- test, teach, discuss. Wrap it up- conclude what has been discussed.

Same for all 4 skills really.

Good luck!

David

ps my email is EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead - i can respond quicker....please also be aware I live in Taiwan so 8 hours ahead!

dave