Post Thanks / Like

Default After a job interview

I went to a job interview last week but I haven't heard from the employer since. What's the best way to ask the status of my application?I am really want the job and I Think i did well at the interview...

I would appreciate any help on this.

thanks a lot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: After a job interview

Quote Originally Posted by aleantonioli View Post
    I went to a job interview last week but I haven't heard from the employer since. What's the best way to ask the status of my application?I am really want the job and I Think i did well at the interview...

thanks a lot
    Send an email thanking the interviewer for his or time and consideration, and in the email ask about the status of your application. You could call as well to ask.

Here's a good way to ask over the phone: Hello MX, I would like to thank you for taking the time to interview me for the xxxxx position last week. Also, I was wondering if you could tell me the status of my application.

Leave a voicemail message if you can't talk to person.

In a thank-you note by email, I would say something to further express your interest in the position. The email shouldn't be too long - just two short paragrahs or a few sentences.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: After a job interview

Quote Originally Posted by aleantonioli View Post

thanks a lot
    Phone the office, ask to speak to the person or his/her assistant, and ask when they are proposing to notify people of the results of the interviews.

Sometimes there are so many people to interview that notifications can be delayed while decision is taken as to whom to reject and who is to be offered further chances. This will be particularly true at present when there is such high unemployment that hundreds of applications are being received for the most menial of posts.