elliotts is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post How does shakespeare capture the audiences attention in the opening of his plays

Hello, I am a 15 year old currently doing english coursework on shakespeare, the essay topic is "How does shakespeare capture the audiences attention in the opening of his plays". I have been given an extension on my work to do it over the summer holidays, but have lost my help sheet providing me with the structure of the essay and hints on what was used to capture the audiences attention. Now I am about half way through the essay and im very stuck.

I am not asking for anyone to finish my work, I just need help in knowing what aspects of the opening can be used to capture the audiences attention, or any links to websites that can help me on the topic would be greatly appreciated

The plays i am using are; Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet and Richard III. I have already written paragraphs on the language used and the topics presented, but am stuck on how the structure of the opening is used to attract the attention of the audience, plus anything else that can contribute to this. If anyone can help i would be more than greatful.

Thanks

elliotts is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How does shakespeare capture the audiences attention in the opening of his plays

??

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How does shakespeare capture the audiences attention in the opening of his plays

Quote Originally Posted by elliotts View Post
    Hello, I am a 15 year old currently doing english coursework on shakespeare, the essay topic is "How does shakespeare capture the audiences attention in the opening of his plays". I have been given an extension on my work to do it over the summer holidays, but have lost my help sheet providing me with the structure of the essay and hints on what was used to capture the audiences attention. Now I am about half way through the essay and im very stuck.

I am not asking for anyone to finish my work, I just need help in knowing what aspects of the opening can be used to capture the audiences attention, or any links to websites that can help me on the topic would be greatly appreciated

The plays i am using are; Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet and Richard III. I have already written paragraphs on the language used and the topics presented, but am stuck on how the structure of the opening is used to attract the attention of the audience, plus anything else that can contribute to this. If anyone can help i would be more than greatful.

Thanks
    What ideas have you had so far? Have you been to any of these plays on the stage, or at least watched them as films?

Rather than think merely of the language, think about the plot, the characters, the scenes, the dramatic aims.