• Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Are these sentence correct?

As changing of single glazing to double glazing panel, they can't complete the work as mentioned in the status of the work which I forwarded to you on [date]. Hence, the supplier needs another fourteen days for completing these works. Therefore, it can be completed only before [date)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Are these sentence correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Annecy View Post
    As changing of single glazing to double glazing panel, they can't complete the work as mentioned in the status of the work which I forwarded to you on [date]. Hence, the supplier needs another fourteen days for completing these works. Therefore, it can be completed only before [date)
    Hi Annecy,

I had to revise your paragraph quite a bit in order to correct and improve it. If you have any questions about my revisions, just post them, and I'll explain.

Because they are now using single glazed panels instead of double glazed panels, they will not be able to complete this work by [date], which is the date indicated in the status report that I forwarded to you on [date]. The supplier needs another fourteen days to complete the work. Therefore, this work will now be finished by [date].

bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PROESL View Post
    Hi Annecy,

I had to revise your paragraph quite a bit in order to correct and improve it. If you have any questions about my revisions, just post them, and I'll explain.

Because they are now using single glazed panels instead of double glazed panels, they will not be able to complete this work by [date], which is the date indicated in the status report that I forwarded to you on [date]. The supplier needs another fourteen days to complete the work. Therefore, this work will now be finished by [date].
    Surely they are now using double glazed panels instead of single glazed panels?

Annecy is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi PROESL,
    Thank you for your swift reply

The first order was single glazed panels, and the client is now saying that they need double glazed panels instead of single glazed panels, so can I write as follows.

As changing the order for single glazed panels to double glazed panels, they will not be able to complete this work by [date], which is the date indicated in the status report that I forwarded to you on [date]. The supplier needs another fourteen days to complete the work. Therefore, this work will now be finished by [date].

Thank you for your help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Annecy View Post
    Hi PROESL,
    Thank you for your swift reply

The first order was single glazed panels, and the client is now saying that they need double glazed panels instead of single glazed panels, so can I write as follows.

As changing the order for single glazed panels to double glazed panels, they will not be able to complete this work by [date], which is the date indicated in the status report that I forwarded to you on [date]. The supplier needs another fourteen days to complete the work. Therefore, this work will now be finished by [date].

Thank you for your help
    I would still leave it as I rewrote it. I might have known that you meant "double instead of single", but I read it as "single instead of double". If I don't understand someone's business, then I don't make any assumptions about the very specific language that is correct - for that business.

You can say for the first sentence, "As they are changing the order from single glazed panels to double glazed panels, ...

Because they are now using double glazed panels instead of single glazed panels, they will not be able to complete this work by [date], which is the date indicated in the status report that I forwarded to you on [date]. The supplier needs another fourteen days to complete the work. Therefore, this work will now be finished by [date].